iPad mini Order Online or Wait For In-Store Stock?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Psypher, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Psypher macrumors member

I want to purchase a 64GB AT&T rMini. Just about every Apple Store in the country is sold out. What would you do?

Order Online:
    Pros: Locks in your order. Guaranteed to receive it eventually.
    Cons: Estimated Delivery is Dec 5 - Dec 12

Wait for in-store stock availability:
    Pros: Possibly get it sooner if stock becomes available. Don't have to worry about it getting lost/damaged/stolen in shipment. Same-day pickup.
    Cons: May take longer to come in-stock than if I had it shipped.

Do you believe that they will have stock for Black Friday? If so, I will probably be better off waiting until then. I realize this is all skepticism, but I'm just looking for other opinions.

2. deeddawg macrumors 604

Why is this a difficult decision?

Order online.
    If one becomes available in-store before the other ships, go buy it and cancel the online order.

Worst case your online order ships and you return it unopened for refund.

3. nanogirl21 macrumors 6502a

nanogirl21

Wait For In-Store Stock - with the holidays shipping is going to take longer than normal so I am assuming that your package will arrive closer to Dec. 12th. I am sure stock will pop up near you soon. Just keep checking. http://www.seaturtle.org/idevice/ipad_mini_grid.shtml

4. Batt macrumors 65816

Batt

Order online to pick up in store. Best of both worlds.

5. Hoyasaxa macrumors member

Pure gut conjencture tells me that this whole silent launch was designed to ensure as much stock as possible for Black Friday. Thus, I think supplies are going to be a bit more constrained after the B&M stores get wiped out. If you want it, just lock it in with an order.

6. outie2k macrumors regular

Order online for shipping, and keep checking in-store pickup availability.

If it's available for pickup then cancel your online order. If the online order already shipped then just return it.

You can probably use something like seaturtle to check for stock. I wrote my own script and got notified on the same day, so I ordered for pickup and canceled the online order. GL.

7. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Are you also looking for the other cellular carriers too? Not just that att specific model? They'll all work on AT&T regardless of which "carrier model" you choose.