Order shipped. Money available on account?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacAndy74, Jul 7, 2009.

1. MacAndy74 macrumors 65816

:confused: No. Actually :confused: :confused: :confused: :eek:

My MacBook Pro +Wireless Keyboard +Wireless Mouse +AppleCare just shipped. I noticed that a day after I placed the order - the money was withdrawn by Apple. Oddly, I check my account now and it's back??!

Has anyone seen this happen before? Did Apple just ship me AUD$3,800 worth of order and refunded by purchase amount (I know this is probably totally unlikely).

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Did you use a debit card (vs. a credit card)?

Companies usually authorize an amount (to verify that you have the money there) when you place an order. Some banks actually 'freeze' this money for a few days, even though it's not an actual charge against your account.

Apple charges when it ships. So if it just shipped today, chances are they charged your account today, and it should show up tonight/tomorrow?

3. MacAndy74 thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah. It's a Visa Debit Card. :)

Thanks for the info! I didn't actually realize that's what the procedure was.

4. mrj205 macrumors regular

This has happened to me when ordering from :apple: a few times now. They pre-authorize the funds and put a "hold" on the account. Then the hold disappears, and it seems as if you haven't been charged. Then the items ship, and you think to yourself, "Sweet! Free stuff!". In my experiences Apple comes back for the funds the day the item(s) arrive, or occasionally the day after. Don't worry, they will get their money:p

5. MacAndy74 thread starter macrumors 65816

;) I would never dream of deceiving :apple: