Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Yesterday my order changed to shipped but I’m a little confused about the shipping information,

1). Is it normal for orders to have: Apple Sales International, Hollyhill Industrial Estate, Hollyhill, Cork, Ireland on the top of the invoice because I thought they would be invoiced from China?

2). I also have this information on my order status page: Shipped on: Oct 3, 2007 via Walsh Western Uk Ltd. But from what I’ve read on these forums I thought TNT were who delivered for the UK

3). On my shipment status page I’m told:

Estimated Delivery Date:14 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)
Current Delivery Status: In Transit to Customer - Shipment on Schedule

Also the 14th is a Sunday which seems strange day for a delivery company to work, But on my apple order status page it says:

Shipped on: Oct 3, 2007 via Merge in Transit GB | Print invoice
Delivers by: 09 Oct, 2007 - 10 Oct, 2007

So which date should I go off (I need to be off work to sign for it you see).

4). What are the chances of the order date changing or my items arriving early from apple?

My touch is a week 39 btw :D

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
You should get a tracking number (and the operator) to know roughly where your IPT is.

Imho, the "estimated delivery date" is a "worst case" limit.

And of course, there is NO way to tell when it will be delivered to your door, except by phoning to the transporter...

My IPT has an "Estimated Delivery Date 11 Oct 2007 (Subject to change)", and came from China to south of France between "01 oct. 2007 16:06" and "04 oct. 2007 07:04".
Considering it is currently within 3 hours driving, it should be delivered tomorrow...

Something4Kate

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
London
How do you know it's a week 39?
The email invoice states the serial number.

But in answer to your other questions:

1) Yes it's normal. The Apple UK online store is based out of Cork. All my previous iPod orders (I've ordered lots for me and others) were engraved and shipped out of Cork.

2) You lucky thing! You won't have to deal with the crapness that is TNT

3) Not sure what to advise here, sorry. They won't ship on sunday so 9th or 10th seems more likely. Although with no concrete day, I'd book off the 10th and if they deliver on the 9th, they'll re-try the next day and you can track it all online. Might be worth giving them a call though to find out if they know anything more specific closer to the time.

SFK

Lin

macrumors member
Sep 28, 2007
France
Coming!

04 oct. 2007 10:51 Out For Delivery
04 oct. 2007 10:44 Import Received
04 oct. 2007 07:04 Marseille Import Received

If nothing else, the tracking on the TNT site seems relatively reactive...

Something4Kate

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
London
04 oct. 2007 10:51 Out For Delivery
04 oct. 2007 10:44 Import Received
04 oct. 2007 07:04 Marseille Import Received

If nothing else, the tracking on the TNT site seems relatively reactive...

Not sure I agree. Mine was still listed as "Out For Delivery" hours after I had it. And when they finally updated it to "Delivered" they stated it had been delivered four hours before it had been!

SFK

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
Would anyone be able to direct me to where i have to go on there website (http://www.walshwestern.com/ and what information they require because its way more confusing then just entering your tracking number like on the TNT, UPS or Royal Mail sites,

Has anyone else had there’s ship with Walsh Western? And is it a good or a bad thing?

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
How do you find out the serial number for your iPod Touch from the electronic invoice? Mine doesn't say it anywhere.

Ok, this thread isn’t about how you can tell what week your iPod is so please stop hi-jacking it!

FYI: Go to the apple website, in to the store and log in to your account, then click on order status, from here you need to click on view order details and then on print invoice, one your invoice loads look down to your iPod Touch, in the area with information about the item cost and VAT you will notice a part that says invoice serial number, and a 11 digit serial number below it, the 4th and 5th numbers correspond to the week of the iPod - 1A739 – hope that helps and can we now get things back on track please?

Rookie1986

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 1, 2007
The only info I have so far is from the apple website, at the moment I have the following bits of information:

Order Number

PO Number (same as order number)

Delivery Reference Number

Invoice Number

Tracking Number

But I don’t have a customer number that Walsh Western want so I can track my order, also is my apple order number the order number that Walsh Western want? Couldn’t they have just been more simple and asked just for the tracking number like every other damn courier company!

If anyone know which bits of information there after it would be most helpful :)

johnsonsimon

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2007
the 4th and 5th digits of your serial number will tell you the week that the ipod is.

it matters because the week 37 ipods had screen issues, some week 38s had screen issues and sound hissing issues, note not all the 37s and 38s had these problems

i hope to get my week 39 ipod by the beginning of next week, couldnt justify getting an iPhone wen they are relased so getting my ipod touch and a nokia e65 lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.