Order status down for everybody on Apple's website??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Hopsdaballa04, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Hopsdaballa04 macrumors regular

Just wondering if the order status is down for everyone or if I'm special..

2. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I pulled my order up successfully about 30 minutes ago (10PM ET).

3. Macman74 macrumors member

We're in the same boat, I was trying to confirm my details as well. I've got about 3 different errors, but never been able to get in to view my order. I did get my confirmation e-mail however so that's a HUGE plus!

4. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Yeah, it says it's down for a scheduled upgrade or something like that.

BS.

:mad:

5. Macman74 macrumors member

10:35EST

Thank you for shopping at the Apple Online Store
    Apple's Online and phone Order Status services are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled upgrade to our systems.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
    For more assistance with your order, contact Apple Customer Support at 1-800-676-2775.
    Sales and Refunds | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy
    Copyright © 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved.

6. Hopsdaballa04 thread starter macrumors regular

Who does a scheduled upgrade on a day like today? I hope they aren't clearing out orders. That would be just my luck after the day I've had.

7. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I tried a few minutes ago and couldn't get it to work. I only tried it because of people mentioning weird stuff about their orders. Mine went through after a few minor glitches in the wee hours of the morning. I've got to make sure I don't get charged thrice!

This is probably some sort of slamming problem that has spiraled out of control. Apple may have underestimated demand, especially with AT&T's lower data prices, and probably had a surge of people hitting all websites involved. I doubt this would've been as much of a problem had it not all involved tapping into AT&T's servers.

8. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I've gotten the server upgrade error and the "Can't connect to application instance" error. I have my confirmation email I suppose I should just consider myself lucky and move on.