Carrier Order through Apple with At&T Next Plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skyyo, Sep 8, 2016.

1. skyyo macrumors member

I have At&t Next and I'm upgrade eligible. Does anyone know if I can do the upgrade and pre-order with Apple online or I have to go through att.com? I know when I go through the ATT process to upgrade it wants me to send back the phone etc etc.

Last year it was a huge disaster trying to get the trade in phone back to At&T!

2. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

You can definitely preorder through Apple. I've done it for the past couple of years. Your phone trade-in will be handled as well.

3. skyyo thread starter macrumors member

Awesome , thanks. Just wondered how I will get the trade in phone back to ATT. Last year no one knew how it was ridiculous!

4. lovelybai macrumors member

I heard they will send you a box and you could ship back. Maybe last year is the first year and now it should e more smooth.

5. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

My girlfriend and I have been on the Next plan for two years but it started with the 5s.

6. Nanotyrns macrumors 6502a

Nanotyrns

I picked mine up at the Apple Store last year and the associate printed everything out, shipping label and all, and gave me a little padded envelope to send it back in. I passed on the envelope (I couldn't see the phone surviving a trip through the postal system in just that envelope) and used a box from a previous shipment.

7. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

can you put a down payment on NEXT via apple?

8. ninjaplz macrumors member

what if i already paid off my iPhone 6 and still want to use NEXT, do i choose "Replace this iPhone" or "Buy new on existing line"

9. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I had to call in and ask for a shipping label. I used my own box. It all worked out but the credit for the phone I sent in took a while to show. I wish I could take my old phone to a store and receive instant turn in credit.