Order time in UK for new macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by UKmacman, Mar 5, 2008.

1. UKmacman macrumors regular

I don't quite know why but I have taken the plunge and am updating my much loved 12 inch ibook for a new black macbook. I say I don't know why as for what I do I probably won't notice much difference apart from converting DVDs which I rarely do!

Anyway now seems like a good time but I ordered it on the 4th from the UK apple online store (just the machine, no changes) it said it had a ship date of 4/5th and delivery of 5/7 of March but it hasn't even been shipped yet.

Anyone else have this or know when it should arrive? Now I have bought it I want to use it!

2. mheaford macrumors newbie

I would call them and ask, I had a similar problem and I called them to chase it and found that they had a problem with my credit card (my CC had identified the transaction as a possible fraud). I got the feeling that if I hadn't called and chased they would have just left it forever. The good news was though once it was sorted it was with my the next day.

3. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

I called them!

I originally called apple 2 ays ago and they said check the status in the online order section. I just called again and they said someone tried to call me (they didn't as I have been in and know the phone didn't ring!).

Anyway they said someone needed to call me back to verify my details. They did a couple of minutes later and asked what I ordered and my address before saying 'ok, we can process the order now'.

WTF? why did it take 3 days to do this? Come on apple get your stuff together, this is a joke. Why did they need to do that?

But thanks for your help answering this one.

4. thechef macrumors newbie

I had 2 MacBooks delivered last week and they came next-day after I had a shipping confirmation email. It was very fast for me.

5. bigbadnewill macrumors 6502

Maybe it was ta not so clever person who 'tried' calling, but just couldn't figure out how to use a phone!?

Must agree here though, that is pretty poo of apple! If they need confirmation, or suspect fraud etc surely they should ring up straight away! Bizarre!

Enjoy the new macbook when it arrives :)

6. lost eden macrumors 6502a

Mine shipped from Shanghai & took a full 2 weeks to get to me. 24 hours my foot, thanks a bunch Apple.

7. nomad01 macrumors 68000

nomad01

Mine was ordered on the 28th Feb and was delivered yesterday. Might have been delayed because I paid for a remote... that was just tossed inside the box. No external packaging. Nice.

8. sysfal macrumors newbie

Ordered a macbook with hdd upgrade on 3rd March from apple UK store, shipped on 5th, but delivery estimate of 15th March?

Where do they put together non-standard machines for the UK? Shanghai?

9. UKmacman thread starter macrumors regular

After all that I just got another email saying my macbook has been shipped and it will be with me tomorrow! I didn't order the remote as it added 3 days onto the shipping time and I have heard that any 'special order' (yes I know adding a remote is hardly special) means it is shipped from China. I guess mine must be already in the UK!

Can't wait to get it now.

10. lost eden macrumors 6502a

I think all the UK ones ship direct from the plant in Shanghai. It's a bit low of Apple to proudly boast 'ships in 24 hours' without being so kind to tell you that it's shipping from Shanghai instead of a UK warehouse.