Order timeframe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tka, Apr 3, 2011.

1. tka macrumors newbie

I placed an order for a CTO system on Friday morning and it said "Ships: 1 - 3 business days". It's Sunday night and the system is not yet in the "awaiting to be shipped" phase.

Previous systems I've ordered show "awaiting to be shipped" within 1 day of the order and ship later that day. What has been others' experience?

Maybe things dont progress as much over the weekend although production is in China so they probably work weekends...

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

As far as I know, packages in general don't move on weekends. Its in terms of business days (M-F).

3. tka thread starter macrumors newbie

Understood in terms of shipping. I was more curious about their production...

4. patternofstars7 macrumors member

I just recently ordered a CTO 2011 macbook pro on a monday morning and it was shipped out on wed. Actually got it a on a friday with a projected ship date of the following tuesday.

5. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    my shipping was a complete fiasco

ordered 17" CTO with 7200rpm hdd on 23/3/11
    estimated delivery was 7-12 april

shipped 25/3/11
    estimated delivery now 9-12 april

no changed from shipping status

28/3/10 - stated order arrived in uk and was being prepared fro final departure
    est arrival 8/4/11

30/4/11 - still stated the same as above.. so i called apple and politely asked if the thing shipped from china to uk and arrived in less 3 days, why is the estimated delivery still 8/4/12 - they said they had no further update and when the final carrier would be assigned - i would receive a tracking number
    this was 1100am. the problem was i was going away that evening till sunday.. she said do not worry there is no chance that you will receive the items before monday!

at 1530... walked out of lift into my lobby of the apartment building.. and the concierge girls said ups popped in before and dropped of 2 parcels at 1130 -
    despite me giving explicit instructions when i ordered for the item to be delivered to my door, not be left with concierge
    also noticed on the box was written: do not leave with neighbor

next-day ups e-emiled me a tracking number, then immediately e-mailed me that item had been delivered

Anyway.. was so happy with the MBP, and really made-up i got it almost 9 days early.. could not really be arsed to put in a complaint with the abysmal tracking and shipping of the item