Orderd 1 iPad 32GB, White. Apple Cancelled my Order.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by benna, Mar 11, 2011.

1. benna macrumors regular

Ok, now WTF is that? I made 1 iPad 2 32GB order for a white one. Just recieved a mail that my order is canceled because I purchased more than the limt of 2 ipads per person. How fair is that now?

I was probably the first to order, around 1:05. My shipping time was 5 days, but now I re ordered, long 26 days.

2. ///M5 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Nexus S Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Got my order canceled as well. Ordered 2 though.

Does your order status say Canceled or Not yet shipped?

3. benna thread starter macrumors regular

It got canceled entirely.

Received mail from Apple saying that I exceeded the limit, but how come? I've ordered only 1

4. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

E-mail them and explain the situation. It might be some computer glitch on their part. Either that or someone hijacked your account.

5. sam2428 macrumors 6502

26 days if you place an order now? ouch...

i was planning on waiting a few weeks to read reviews and see if there were any major issues in the first batch..but hmm thats crazy :eek:

6. macachia macrumors regular

that's exactly what happened to me and I ordered immediately as their store went live.

quite ridiculous :mad:

7. simply258 macrumors regular

Same here, ordered 2 iPads and 2 covers, got cancelled with same reason. Maybe their system is mistakenly counting past iPad 1 orders in the 2 per customer limit?

8. sanford macrumors 65816

I'm sympathetic about that for people committed to buy. But I kind of like that month wait time. I have an original and told myself I don't need, or even really want, iPad 2 features, so I'm committed to buy the iPad 3, but skip this cycle. Ready availability early on greatly increases the chance I'll crack due to the ooh look shiny thing factor. But take the instant, or near-instant gratification element out of it and my bank account and credit card remain safe from pillaging.

9. ///M5 macrumors 6502

I didn't order iPad 1 from the Apple Store. Ordered 2 iPad 2's and got my order canceled.

10. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I've been seeing a lot of posts about this same thing.. I ordered two ipads and two cover and just last night I got an email from my bank saying that my charges went through for the ipads and covers.. So hopefully they will ship them soon.. I have no idea why some customers are getting their orders cancelled.....

James

11. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I'm also thinking of this.. Did anybody in their account check order status and then click on the little tab that says pre-sign for this shipment.. Maybe when you click on that it is causing a problem.....?????

James

12. shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

maybe you should cancel the order, and just wait.. i mean you have to wait a month.. the chances of iPads arriving in a store near you is well pretty high (probably)

13. mvigeant macrumors newbie

Me too

I ordered a single white 64 wi-fi at 3:30 am, got an order confirmation and ship date. Then 12 hours later, I got a notice the order was cancelled for being over the limit. They stillcharged me for the Apple Care, though. This was a web order though the apple store app from my phone. I can see in my account that no one else has tried to order additional iPads - only the cancelled order is there.
    I called customer service, the first-level person sees that it was cancelled, sees that it was automatic, and can't undo it. I'm on hold for a manager now (30 min and counting).

14. mvigeant macrumors newbie

Follow-up

Got through to manager, finally. He said they are aware of multiple instances of this issue and that we should get a follow-up email about it in 24-48 hours. It's not a solution, but it's getting there.

15. macachia macrumors regular

yep, thats what i was told as well! Hope my white ipad 3g is re-ordered and skip these weeks of waiting! (i originally had 3-5 days shipping wait, ordered at 1-5mins past its launch time)

16. benna thread starter macrumors regular

This is totally crazy.

I placed a second order which was set to be delivered in 25 days, got canceled as well. I had ordered only one iPad, not even the smart covers. Looks like they're totally screwed up.

17. Davichi macrumors 6502

Uhh... What does it say? Apple says just canceled? Because I just placed an order and it says my order has been acknowledged. Call them up and ask them.