Ordered 15" hi-res ag..question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by lawrie1947, May 25, 2010.

1. lawrie1947 macrumors member

Read every thread on hi res small text, glossy v matte on the forum. Finally decided when my (not so) local mac store got in a model to look at.

Absolutely stunning and the small text not a problem for 63 yr old with specs.

But...

I use CS3 DW, FW & PS quite a lot and the GUI is very small and unalterable.

I am coming from a windows machine and had thought about running windows on Parallels.

Can I alter the resolution independently in Windows and if so will the quality degrade the same as reducing resolution down from the macs native resolution?

Thanks

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can alter the resolution independently in Windows on Boot Camp, but I'm not sure about doing so in Parallels. Be aware that anything but the native resolution will likely not be as clear and sharp. Also, pressing the Control key and zooming the entire screen with the mouse or trackpad may come in handy for you from time to time.

3. zudo macrumors member

You can change the dpi of the interface in windows so you could run at full resolution but make everything bigger, this shouldn't degrade the quality like running in a lower res but some stuff might not lay out properly depending on how apss support non-native dpi settings...

4. lawrie1947 thread starter macrumors member

Just done a quick check on my vista laptop and enlarged the dpi and CS3 apps scaled OK.

It looks like parallels is the solution for work.

Thanks for the info :)

lawrie