Ordered 15th. AT&T says 19th.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Clete2, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

I ordered on the 15th at 8:30AM EST through premier. AT&T's order status (non-premier) says that I ordered on the 19th. Unlike others, I am still backordered. It seems that people who ordered when I did have theirs shipped already.

In general, can AT&T CSR's do anything about this? I'm a little upset that I got my order through but it now says that my order date is the 19th. I ordered my sister's iPhone through Apple on the 16th and her ship date is July 16th. I'm concerned that my ship date will be the end of July / early August just because of AT&T's screw ups?

2. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

Call up and see what ATT tagged your order date as. Generally that is what they go by. Unless there was a problem w/ your order causing you to fall out of line ...

3. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

Ok. I called AT&T.

They know:
    1) They think I ordered on the 19th.
    2) They can't change it.
    3) Rep thought that preorders do not ship until the 24th (and said "well, if they are released on the 24th, yours will ship on the 24th when they start shipping").

I guess I'm screwed. Since my sister's iPhone 4 has an order date of June 16th that corresponds with a ship date of July 16th, I'd say I won't get one until August (and maybe not even then because I'll have to cancel to change the shipping address in August since I move).

I got screwed because of AT&T's fallacies in its ordering system and they won't even do anything about it. People have theirs in hand and AT&T thinks that they don't ship until Thursday at all.

4. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I ordered 5/15 3:30pm cst and they've put me at 5/17. Then, yesterday I went to 5/19 and have since dropped back to 5/18 WTF.

Still backordered...

Edit: ! I just checked at 7:45 and no more backorder! yEAHHH baby!!!!:D:cool: !

5. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

ATT had a lot of problems with their pre orders. They seem to have processed some orders up to 72 hours later than when the actual order was placed.

6. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered at approximately 2:30 PM EST on the 15th at my local AT&T store. Their system was down, so they took my order down with pen and paper.

A few days went by, and I still hadn't received any confirmation emails and AT&T.com had no record of my order.

So, I continually called my AT&T store about 3 times a day to make sure that they were working on my order. They assured me that I would be taken care of, and that my order had been 'elevated due to complications', whatever that means.

But, yesterday, I got an email with a confirmation and as of now, my iPhone is being shipped to my store with a delivery date of tomorrow, the 23rd.

I'd suggest calling going to your local AT&T store (if you have one), to get a real person... and someone you can keep in touch with to make sure everything is going through.

7. mledqt macrumors newbie

Check some of the premier threads on here. You won't get a July ship date, but maybe the 24th or 25th.

8. RickyD53 macrumors regular

i ordered at 1:20 AM PST, premier says i ordered 6/15, standard att says 6/20. i was on backorder for both phones up until an hour ago. I also called att and the rep told me they go by the order date from site you ordered from, so standard att date are for those who ordered standard, and premier date is for those who ordered standard. Rep also said that although my status doesnt change very much, it is due to the high capacity of orders and some are getting the wrong info online but orders are going thru like they are supposed to. she said i will still be recieving my iphone this week.

9. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

Just to update you all, mine has shipped. It went off of backorder last night and shipped around 4:30PM CST today.