Ordered 16gb black from Premier website - shipped a few hours later

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ivel1980, Aug 13, 2008.

1. ivel1980 macrumors newbie

Not sure if this has been posted and if it works for all fan accounts, but I logged into premier and was able to order the iphone. I ordered this afternoon and just got the shipping confirmation.... Just thought that might help some of you out.:D

2. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

son of a....

its really there! would have made my life so much easier a couple day ago!:eek:

EDIT:
    AND THERE IS A DISCOUNT ON DATA PLAN!!!

3. johnryjr macrumors regular

4. ahaxton macrumors 6502a

Are you effing serious???? I wish they woulda done this for launch!!!!

5. plasticlung macrumors newbie

And no registration or activation fee either.

6. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

so you are telling me...your iphone is on its way? and that you will get yours before my DF happens...?

7. ivel1980 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, it'll be here tomorrow. When I ordered it it said it could take 10 days to ship, so I was quite surprised when it took a few hours.

8. bigmouth macrumors 6502

This is total crap. I had to cancel my Premier membership to buy the iPhone in the Apple Store. Screw ATT...total crap.

9. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

that makes no sense. att is already on my bad side and i dont even have service yet

10. bigmouth macrumors 6502

In fairness, the whole point of Premier is that you get special benefits, including the ability to buy phones before anyone else. That's actually why I'm so pissed -- Premier customers should have been able to buy the iPhone 3G before anyone else.

11. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

i understand that. im a premier customer. thats how i was able to see the website. oh well, i knew i should have been patient.

12. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Ah...gotcha. Then I'd be extra furious if I were in your position. I have half a mind to call them and complain. Loudly.

13. aneftp macrumors 68040

This statement is sorta of correct. Most phones ATT releases are available on the regular site before they are released on the ATT premiere website.

You guys who have been ATT/Cingular long time constumers all remember the the MAJOR unlimited upgrade loophole that existed via the Premiere website until ATT shut that down this past March. We all griped how this phone was already available on the regular ATT/cingular website and we all had to wait until that phone came over to the premiere website in order for us to buy it with our unlimited upgrades (something was wrong with the cingular premiere site where it never crosschecked if you were really eligible for an upgrade) and it always shipped out subsidized phones and we all got to enjoy new subsidized phones whenever we wanted and resold them for profit and still purchased another subsidized phone a few months later.

14. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Really?! I stand corrected, though this wasn't my experience with the Tilt.

15. iPunish901 macrumors 6502

iPunish901

wow, i should have been with ATT back then!

16. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

yep, I even have the option of buying the 16 gb white at the non-upgrade eligible price of 499. hmmm.... do they ship it to your home or the store?

17. jrbdmb macrumors 6502

jrbdmb

One (minor) bad thing I notice on the Premier site is that all of the iPhone - specific accesories are being sold at full price. I guess I was lucky to get the Belkin car charger at the local AT&T store for half price ($12.50), it costs $25 thru the Premier web site.

(FYI, my FAN discount include half off accessories, but iPhone 2G accessories were excluded and it looks like 3G accessories are as well.)

18. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

19. dave006 macrumors 68020

Yes, here is the only restriction: Packages cannot be shipped to PO Boxes or international destinations.

20. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

oh man. this is such a hard decision now. should I order it or not?? hmmm