Ordered 16GB from AT&T want to go 32GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by labman, Jun 10, 2009.

1. labman macrumors 604

labman

I ordered a 16GB 3GS from AT&T a Couple days ago Now I have decided I want the 32GB unit I have made a couple phone calls to AT&T best answer so far wait till you get the phone and return it. WTF why should this be so difficult anybody know a way I can do this. Geesh!

2. racers macrumors regular

3. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

he says no

calling them again retards! :(

4. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

Is there any need for that sort of comment? It's you who have decided you ordered the wrong phone so maybe you should accept some responsibility for your actions...

5. racers macrumors regular

if they wont let you cancel it (which they should) I guess you will have to wait to return it

edit: Have you paid for it yet?

6. mikey28 macrumors 6502

7. mikey28 macrumors 6502

Hey, ummm...

YOU made the decision to buy the 16GB. Ok. Now you've changed your mind and it suddenly becomes their emergency.

I don't think so. You bought it. Wait til you get it, and then exchange.

PS, I hope you aren't as nasty to the ATT customer service people, because this is NOT their fault.

8. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

I have no problem

admitting error or 2nd thought but it should not be that difficult to make a change before a item is shipped after it ships another story. I am more aggravated that AT&T does not have policies in place. So called them again they said wait for it to come then go to the AT&T store and exchange it. WEll it's my fault So I am the retard hows that.

BTW How I talk to a rep and how I discuss something on a forum are two totally different things. Like I said it should not be difficult to change or upgrade before a order ships AT&T should allow this (Customer Service) but not the reps fault I know! oh well now standing in line on the 19th!

9. dave006 macrumors 68020

I would strongly suggest that you call them back and cancel your order and reorder so that you will receive the 32 GB iPhone 3G S next Friday.

If you delay and accept the 16 GB iPhone 3G S and then do a return on or after June 19, you will have to wait for your "Upgrade" status to be reset in the system and the will take about 72 hrs in a normal cycle. After the launch on June 19, don't expect anything to improve! Yes, a knowlegble individual can correct your upgrade status in Telegence with a couple of key strokes, most will not risk it.

Dave

10. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Yeah, good luck with that.

11. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I just went though the same thing with Apple I had no problem. I would call them back, your right it should not be that hard to cancel a order that has not been shipped.

12. labman thread starter macrumors 604

labman

update

I've tried several times spoke too a Stephenie McVee at customer service she really tried to help me. My only reason for mentioning her name Thubs up for both of them. and Hope I got the Spelling Correct. She also Spoke to a Tim that tried to help her both IMO were great! they can't seem to do anything though I will go to the AT&T store and talk to the Manager and explain my error but looks like I am going to have to wait for the 16GB exchange for 32GB and wait the 72 if need be. :( oh well my bad!