Ordered 17" MBP HI-RES LED

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tranceteria, Feb 27, 2008.

1. tranceteria macrumors newbie

HI,
    did anyone ordered a 17" MBP with the High-Res LED screen?
    I DID yesterday morning at 11:30am, and and when I go to order status on apple.com it shows on the configuration:
    17in HI-RES SCREEN WS
    NOT LED !!!!!!

Does anybody has this problem?? :confused:
    or should I call apple about this? :(

Would apple send me an old High-Res with no LED???

2. skiffx macrumors 6502a

If they say it's supposed to be LED, then there is no way there are going to send you on old display for the simple reason that the new mbps are getting built in china as we speak, thus they will be putting in a new one. But to avoid headache in case it does happen, just call them up, it will only take a minute.

3. aforty macrumors 65816

I ordered that one too, I wouldn't worry about it. During the order is says specifically "17-inch Hi-Resolution LED Widescreen Display" that short denotation may just be an old term in their system. Again, don't worry about it.

4. tranceteria thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much!! I am a graphic designer & first time switcher! I'm very excited! :D And I want to do it right

I hope that it doesn't has the yellowish defect on the screen, and I really wish they bumped the brightness level a little bit more.

17" HI RES LED SCREEN
    2.5ghz penryn
    250gb HD
    2 gb RAM

5. aforty macrumors 65816

Congrats. I ordered the same plus 4GB RAM from NewEgg. Ram arrived today but MBP won't get here till the 10th at the earliest. Oh wells.

Enjoy!

6. cohibadad macrumors 6502a

cohibadad

I want one. I don't need one. So I didn't get one. but I do want one.

7. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

Congrats man...I just ordered mine tonight too (2.6/17" HR-LED/200-7200/remote) and promptly got 4 gig of RAM at Newegg...Crucial. $98 with $30 in rebates.

8. Flyer0815 macrumors 6502

I have a 15 inch glossy on order through work... but man the 17 inch high res is a dream system...

9. tranceteria thread starter macrumors newbie

Great! I was thinking of purchasing more RAM, is that deal from Newegg the best one? It sounds like it, ...also I'm looking for a sleek yet protective case, do you guys have any suggestions?

10. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

That's an excellent deal on RAM I thought...I mean the upfront cost is higher, but the rebates take it down $15 per stick:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148087

Here's the protective sleeve I got. I bought it from Apple just to keep things simple, it looks nice and on Amazon the 15" got great reviews, so I figured the 17" isn't bad. The one review on the Apple Store doesn't really pertain to the overall operation of the case, more like a lack of pockets or something that person wanted:

http://www.marware.com/PRODUCTS/Apple-Laptop-Products/Sportfolio-Sleeve-for-MacBook-Pro

I hope this helps some.

11. tranceteria thread starter macrumors newbie

12. MadDog31 macrumors 6502a

13. pilotzen macrumors newbie

pilotzen

17-inch Hi-Resolution LED Widescreen Display Instore?

Im in NY in a couple of weeks from Europe and was wondering if i can walk in off the street and get the MacBook Pro 17-inch Hi-Resolution LED Widescreen Display in store? Any help appreciated! Cheers.:eek:

14. Pukey macrumors 6502

Pukey

15. cujoe86 macrumors member

yeah if you look on Apples site, they no longer offer the 17'' hi-res screen without the led

[​IMG]

you should be fine. I just ordered the same thing yesterday. Sadly, have to wait three weeks until they ship it

16. tranceteria thread starter macrumors newbie