Ordered 2 iPads, returning 1.

Discussion in 'iPad' started by phishindsn, Mar 31, 2010.

1. phishindsn macrumors regular

Oct 24, 2009
    Well I pre-ordered 2 iPads and I am just trying to confirm as long as I don't open it can I get a full refund? I have tried to find the return-policy from apple and it states their policies for laptops and ipods but I haven't seen anything for the iPad specifically.

I imagine I will get some weird looks returning it on Saturday as I have a genius appointment for my wife's iPhone scheduled later in the evening. Hopefully I don't get mugged in the lot.
  2. gan6660 macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008
    You could probably make a few hundred $'s selling it on ebay. Wait to see how supplies are throughout the day.
  3. phishindsn thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 24, 2009
    To be honest, I thought about the ebay thing. I really don't feel like doing that because there are tons of people who probably will want them and as much fun as it is selling something way over retail I just don't really believe in it.

Plus it would give some "lucky" person to enjoy it knowing they paid what Apple wanted to charge for it.

I just don't want to have to pay a 10% restocking fee or something like that. I bought it for my parents but after seeing the photo frame I gave them last year with the same photos loaded on there that I loaded. I said this isn't going to sit and collect dust.
  4. macdim macrumors 6502

Oct 16, 2007
    You could always send it to me in Canadaland so that I don't have to wait an extra month to get mine :D
  5. chhhrrriiisss macrumors 6502a

Mar 29, 2009
  6. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Jul 3, 2009
    You don't believe in profit?
  7. colourtheatre macrumors regular

Jan 28, 2010
    or you could sell it to me? :D that way you wont have to pay a 10% restocking fee and we're both happy! and i'll send you a truckload of gratefullness (convertible to brownie points on a 2 gratitude = 1 brownie point ratio). no, seriously. i'm keen?
  8. phishindsn thread starter macrumors regular

Oct 24, 2009
    I believe in legitimate profit. I am just not all about driving up inflated costs and selling it all on ebay. I would love to see the statistics around how many units sold to the final owner vs re-sold items? That would be interesting.
  9. irishgrizzly macrumors 65816

May 15, 2006
    Nice attitude. Internet high 5.
  10. kyleaa macrumors regular

Jun 20, 2006
    I preordered an iPod Touch online when it first came out, but bought an original iPhone (non-activated) before receiving the touch. I returned it to the nearest Apple store and got a full refund, and they were excited because they had been sold out.

I reserved a 64 and 16 gb model because I still have no clue which I want. My friend pointed out in the press release that Apple will be offering setup assistance, and that perhaps they will be opening the box in store like they do with iPhones. I am pretty sure they won't be forcing you to do this, though. The restocking fee for any open box item is 15% I believe though.
  11. racer1441 macrumors 68000

Jul 3, 2009
    All profit is legitimate, unless you rob someone.