Ordered 38mm but after try-on rather have 42mm...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by evrard, May 15, 2015.

1. evrard macrumors regular

evrard

My 38mm Sport Space-Grey was just charged today. Coincidentally, I had an appointment to try on the watches today and I actually prefer the 42mm model. What options do I have? Is there any chance some stores have limited supply for this sort of thing. I do live in NYC, so if any stores do it would likely be here.

The most probable event will be I get a refund and ask to preorder the 42mm. Do you guys agree?

Update: ...... and I just realized there is a sticked thread for this. Am I the only one who never really notices them?! Sorry guys.

2. Jrdn13crvr macrumors regular

Same issue- had the 38 mm sg sport and called apple, rep said you have to jump back in line. Currently have a 42 white sport on order for late june

3. Wildgift macrumors 6502

Yup. But I sold my 38mm SS Milanese and made enough to offset most of the cost of the 42. And for those clucking disapprovingly, I'll say that the buyer was so happy to have an Apple Watch on launch day; we all won.

I wound up buying the 42 at Maxfield here in Los Angeles. I love it and am glad I went with the 42. You'll be too.