Ordered 3G S "early upgrade" on another line, what do I do?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jun 18, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 603

thadoggfather

ordered my 3gs on a different line than mine because the system was acting weird and allowing a different line the 399/499 pricing (even though this line upgraded way after i got my 3G last summer) while i only saw no commitment prices.

so when the phone arrives tomorrow, what do I do to get it working on my line?

only the other line will be renewed 2 years and my contract will remain in tact, right?

2. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

put you sim card in it.. and no it will not make your real line extend its contract.. just the line you purchased it on

3. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 603

thadoggfather

I just put the sim card in it (that i used in my 3G before I sold it sunday and am currently using with a crappy razr) and then activate? and my line's contract will still remain unscathed while the one I purchased it with will have a renewal, is that all correct?

4. phaggard macrumors regular

I am doing the same thing but when I ordered on Apple.com it added the option for the Iphone data plan. When I activate the new 3Gs on my current 3G SIM I will need to make sure they don't add the Iphone data plan to the line I used to upgrade.