Ordered 3GS late last night, still "Not yet shipped"?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thadoggfather, Jun 15, 2009.

1. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Should I be worried? I know alot of people got shipping notices today...

2. dj420118 macrumors regular

People that ordered right after the keynote still aren't even prepared for shipment...relax

3. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

You ordered too late, you won't get yours until after the release date if I'm correct.

4. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

Really, even ordering from Apple's site? I thought it was different if you ordered from Apple :(

5. eh270 macrumors regular

Relax, you'll get it.. just not on launch day.

6. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

This is no good, I ordered it from Apple saying that it would be delivered on the 19th.

7. wr1020 macrumors regular

I ordered mine on Wednesday the 10th and mine still says not yet shipped so i wouldn't complain if i were you.

8. andrewjh07 macrumors member

i ordered mine june 9th. still says not yet shipped. my debit card hasnt even been charged yet. and yes i am starting to really worry

9. eh270 macrumors regular

Just because it didn't ship today doesn't mean you won't get it. That said, if it arrives late, what are you going to do? Return it? :p They've got you by the balls now!

10. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I'm not fully complaining except when you order a product that it says it will be delivered on X, and doesn't follow through, that's a little upsetting.

11. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

You will get it. Don't listen to any of these people. The Apple website says the 19th, and until they take that down, I would believe it. Shoot, they could ship it Wed and still get it to you by Friday.

All of these people who said they have called Apple support, he-ll Apple support doesn't know. I would trust the website.

12. Maclver macrumors 68020

Maclver

if you ordered from apple be patient you will get it

13. IronLogik macrumors 6502

uh. dude. didn't about 8 people just say there's haven't shipped yet either? Odds are none of them have "shipped" they simply have a tracking number on them and they'll all go out at the same time. It's simply "Prepared" for shipment when they decided to let them out. Think of the backlog of these, they aren't going to just prepare to ship hundreds of thousands of iphones on the same day. doesn't work like that. It takes days to get that sort of number ready to ship out.

14. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

I know I will get it, but on the 19th?

I guess you're right, if that's what the website says (without having taken it down), that's what it will be.

15. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

When I ordered mine via my account rep, I was told it would ship on the 18th and I would get it on the 19th. I believe some will get it on the 19th and others will not. In my case I will be happy if I get it (actually getting 2) but not overly upset if it does not come until next week. I really just did not want to wait in line "again".

16. IronLogik macrumors 6502

Since we have people wondering. I ordered mine on the 8th, still no tracking number. But it does say "Prepared for shipment" which i don't think it said yesterday.

17. thadoggfather thread starter macrumors 604

thadoggfather

yep I don't want to deal with AT&T suits and talk about contracts and phone dribble. And I also don't want to wait in line like last year or deal with faux indie Apple Store employees who think they are curing cancer with "their" innovative products.

18. wr1020 macrumors regular

Same reason why i ordered online, this is my first iphone and i'm brand new to at&t and was told i can do everything via itunes. So it would be dumb to wait in line and deal with all the people when i can do it from my macbook here at home.

19. btr94 macrumors member

Exact same thing here except mine says "Prepared for Shipment" (a.k.a. the torture stage where you check Apple's site every fifteen minutes to see if the new product you've been waiting for has moved on)

I got the prepped state last evening.

20. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Sent my order in late June 10th, and still not yet shipped. Be patient man, it will come. Apple has a lot riding on this, they will be sure that the shipments arrive on time. Deep breaths :).

21. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

I ordered on the 10th, mine is just "prepared for shipment" , I would give them a day, because they can still send it out overnight.

22. Nickday89 macrumors regular

i ordered mine on apple.com on the 10th, and it's still not shipped. oh well. i'll worry if it's not shipped by wednesday night

23. dbell macrumors member

Ordered mine on Saturday, It's status is shipped with a UPS tracking number that shows it in transit from China.

I think you got hosed.