Ordered 6/15...Still Prepared for Shipment, Delivers 6/24

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddiamond77, Jun 24, 2010.

1. ddiamond77 macrumors newbie

Anyone else have this situation? I ordered on 6/15 at 7:30pm Pacific time. My current order status on Apple's site says prepared for shipment and delivers 6/24. I have no tracking number to print out the pre-sign authorization form, and no way of knowing if it will come today.

Made a call to Apple yesterday. They said everything was fine with my order. Guess I'm making another call when they open up this morning.

2. mateen110 macrumors regular

Yup, Still prepared for shipment. NO way we will get our phones :mad:

edit Called apple said there was some account authorization failure with AT&T. Yeah whatever. Won't be getting a phone today..

3. ddiamond77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I asked Apple specifically about the authorization issue. They said all my authorizations went through fine. The bit of news I did find out was about a 7pm Pacific time cutoff from orders on 6/15. Apparently orders made prior to 7pm shipped for delivery yesterday or today. Orders after that time are in a possible "second wave" to expect delivery today or more than likely tomorrow. My order time stamp says 7:20 pm ish.

4. mateen110 macrumors regular

Mine is 7:30 as well, so that is interesting...

5. drummer328i macrumors newbie

This is really interesting if this is true. I am in the same situation and my order time is 7:01 PDT.

6. ddiamond77 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I haven't been able to confirm it with anyone else that has spoken with Apple yet. If anyone gives them a call, ask them about it. My guess this cutoff was when the initial inventory ran out, and we are in their second wave of shipments.

7. Tilt macrumors member

I herd the same thing. My order according to the pre-order printout shows 4:30 eastern. I guess I got lucky ups tracking has it out for delivery to the store(AT&T) at 7:30 this morning.

8. ddiamond77 thread starter macrumors newbie

I just read in another thread about the AT&T authorization issue. Would be nice for Apple to get their act together even if this is an AT&T issue, at least they would tell all the phone reps what is up. Looks like people in this other thread are getting free bumpers and possible a free iHome alarm clock. Worth a shot if anyone calls Apple. When I called yesterday about it, they gave me a free bumper. Here is the other thread:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=948094&page=2

9. farrahfire macrumors newbie

freebies for failure of delivery

Well thanks to you guys and your good information, I got a free bumper and iHome too! Thanks so much for sharing the info! I called several times and the recording stated that they had a large call volume and to try back later and it would disconnect. Finally after calling a few more times, it put me through to a long wait time of about 30 minutes and I spoke with a very nice rep. She verified all my info but told me it was the fault of my cc company and not Apple that I didn't get my phone today. My cc declined the first charge for security reasons and I had to call in and tell them it was OK to put it through. They ran it again and like many others, this is a paid product now, just waiting for shipping. I had to ask her for a free bumper, she didn't want to do it but she did agree to send me one. Then I asked her 2 more times for the iHome before she agreed to that. She kept trying to say it wasn't Apples fault that my product didn't ship & they were just waiting for payment but I kept telling her it was paid for last week and she would "remember". I actually really did delay my vacation from this week to next weekend to make sure I have my phone as my other iphone has the dreaded white screen and only works some of the time. Anyway, all the above is in my order list online so I'm happy. And she did say my phone would ship in the next 24-48 hours. I asked if she was sure and she said absolutely. We'll see but I'm optimistic. Thanks again you guys! :)