Ordered 8 core

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Sinx2oic, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Sinx2oic macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

Wow I decided to order the 8 core last night with D700 1TB drive and 12 gig ram. Was expecting mid February but just got a text saying it's coming 09/01/2014? 4 days.... Wow that seems fast. I'm in the uk, going to get 64gig ram from crucial. :)

2. Phonzoxd macrumors 6502a

Here in the USA, i read that as September 1st, 2014.

Was thinking why are you so happy?

3. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

Ha, no that would be a long wait. Seems very quick though. Has anyone else got the 8 or 12 core yet? Maybe it's the ram.

4. peabo macrumors regular

Wow, that's very fast! I'm the UK and ordered a BTO config on December 19th and it's still processing.

5. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

Whoops, I feel a little embarrassed I got a text from apple but just checked and it's the apple care they are sending in 4 days not my Mac Pro. Thought that was too quick... Wally

6. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Haha they already shipped my keyboard and mouse too... the mac pro is due in feb though.

It's an 8 core with 12gigs of ram as well, ordered january 3rd from germany.
    I'm really curious what ready for shipping in feb means. Beginning? Mid? end?

7. LPZ macrumors 65816

So September 1 it is, after all. ;)

8. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

I'm holding out for a black shiny mac keyboard but prob won't happen. I'm hoping at the start of Feb. u getting ram from crucial after? :)

----------

Maybe :)

9. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

I got my ram from a german reseller http://www.mac-speicher-shop.de/Kategorie/Arbeitsspeicher/Mac-Pro/2013

otherwise I'd have gone with OWC. ordered 64 gigs wooohooo :D

----------

Funny... I can totally picture you sitting in front of your macbook just filling the shopping cart, then canceling again, filling it again changed setting, canceling again, finally thinking F** off and just ordering it in the middle of the night!

At least that was how I did it haha

10. calaverasgrande macrumors 65816

calaverasgrande

I'm in California and mine, ordered on the 21st is still "processing".
    I'm actually about to cancel my order and send back my "barclaycard" if my order can't cross the finish line in the next two weeks. Either that or someone at Barclays needs to give me a straight answer about 18 month no interest financing/30 day shizzle.

11. Sinx2oic thread starter macrumors regular

Sinx2oic

Ha, u won't believe how much I've been obsessing over it, mainly between 12 core and 8 core. Last night after a drink, I thought sod it u only live once! ( I don't have a MacBook though) :)

In terms of ram OWC is great but remember to add 20% in Europe. Crucial is a great place to get ram in the uk.

12. chfilm macrumors 65816

chfilm

Oh yes I will believe how much you obsessed over it! Just like me :D curious when our 2nd Christmas will occur!