Ordered 80gb ipod refurbed

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by christusae, Jun 4, 2007.

1. christusae macrumors newbie

I just looked on the buyer's guide, and noticed that it says to wait for the new ipod. Have their been any rumors or details as to what the new gen of ipod will have? Should I return the one I just bought? I mean, it would seem with all of these new releases holding out for a newer gen might be worth it. Any insight would be appreciated.

First post, by the way :)

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

There's been a lot of debate on iPod revisions. First of all on June 29th the iPhone is being released which is sort of a iPod but certainly not the main line. Most people generally agree that there will be a major iPod revision this year and the debate is to when.

The soonest the new iPod could possibly come out is at WWDC, but this is very unlikely as it would seem to interfere with the iPhone launch. It could also come out in September after Apple clears out old iPod inventory with a (probable) iPod giveaway (with mac purchase) over the summer. The last option is a October/November release to catch Christmas shopping.

So it depends on how long you'd be willing to wait for an iPod.

3. christusae thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, I'm going to UF in the fall. I'm just going to keep mine. Perhaps I'll return it and wait for WWDC.

Thanks

4. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

It sure has been a long time since there has been any rev's to the full size iPods. It seems hard to imagine Apple doing anything that might erode the iPhone sales even though an 8GB iPod is not what I want to replace my (almost full) 60GB photo...