Ordered a 16gb from AT&T.com but now I want a 64gb

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by simmonstwin, Sep 17, 2014.

1. simmonstwin macrumors member

Instead of waiting for the phone6 16gb(subsidized $200) to be delivered to me sometime Friday afternoon and then returning it to a AT&T store for a 64gb. Could I wait in line and pay full price for a 64gb and then later return the 16gb and also get a refund for the price difference of the 64gb (want it to be subsidized). Would this work ?

2. khmaikiew macrumors member

You'd have to return the phone and wait for your carrier to reinstate your eligibility and rebuy under an subsidized plan.

Wouldn't you want to keep the unlocked phone if you've already bought it. It's not carrier locked at that point, but you want to be tied to that carrier anyways? Maybe I'm reading your whole post wrong.

3. mrjoeyjiffy macrumors member

Your best bet is to upgrade someone else's line on your account (if they're ok with losing their service for a few hours while you square things away) get the new phone put on your line and ask for a sim to be activated on the line you upgraded so you can take it to the person whos line you upgraded(once a sim is "used" it cant be used again so their previous sim is trash) then once your 16 comes in the mail you can return it and whenever the other person wants to upgrade they just use your upgrade.

This is all under the pretense that you have multiple lines and one of which is eligible for upgrade.

4. thieverycorp. macrumors regular

Here's what I'd do:
    1. Wait in line and buy the T-Mobile Contract-Free version
    2. Get your 16gb iPhone and remove sim card
    3. Resell it for retail price ($649 or since it's newly released, <$800 and trust me, people will swoop it up)
    4. Pop in your sim card from the 16gb and insert into the 64gb BEFORE turning it on.
    5. Enjoy, my friend.

5. simmonstwin thread starter macrumors member

Do I have to go to a T-Mobile store to get the contract free phone, or can I get it from a Apple Store?