Ordered a Incase neoprene case for my unibody MB Pro.. Question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entraik, Jan 31, 2009.

1. entraik macrumors 6502a

I recently purchased a 15' incase neoprene sleeve for my mb pro off ebay. The thing is.. the packaging color look like this...:

[​IMG]

rather then....

[​IMG]

did I get a older version or something?

2. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

Yes, it's the previous model. I also purchased that one off of ebay a few months ago because I liked the green interior.

The difference is the new incase sleeves have a velvety soft white interior and square pull tabs on the zippers. The lime green color has been dropped out. The older ones have a lime green interior, and it's more like a straight cotton (kind of like felt?). Also, the zippers are rounded and have the green leaf accent.

Both sleeves are fine - I prefer the newer one's interior. It's nice and soft. I wish they'd have kept the lime green accents, though. I snagged the older one for like $18 shipped, as opposed to $35 for the new ones, so it's still a good deal. I use both.

3. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

so there isn't any kind of difference in size? i'm asking because the new version has a little extra space for the MB pro unibody. Does the old version have the same bit of extra space? And one isn't more prone to being damaged then the other or anything like that right?

4. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

can you post pics of ur unibody in the interior green sleeve by any chance? I can't seem to find any pics of this online..

5. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

6. skwirl341 macrumors member

Are the older ones airport security friendly? One of the nice things about the case is that you don't have to take the laptop out of it when its going through airport security. These kinds of cases weren't available until recently, so I'm not sure if the old one qualifies.

7. entraik thread starter macrumors 6502a

bump.. im lookin for a pic of the new unibody macbook pro in the old incase sleeve.

and i'm wondering too if these old sleeves are security friendly at the airport... im goin on a trip next month >_<

8. darngooddesign macrumors G3