Ordered a MBP 15 Retina, Cancel?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Basilfawltyone, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Basilfawltyone macrumors regular

Just ordered a brand new MBP 15 retina, 1gb SSD and 16 mb memory 2,6GHZ

What is this with yellow screen? Sounds like my iPad AIR before I returned the first one.

Are the new ones bad??? Please help, I can still cancel!

2. Commy1 macrumors 6502a

Commy1

Screens are a lottery dude/dudette, can't know until it arrives.
    My new Retina 13" is flawless so far, maybe I'm lucky, maybe not. I feel kind of lucky that I've ever opened up an Apple product and found anything but a perfect device.

3. Basilfawltyone thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Not sure if I should cancel. Does Apple accept a return and exchange it?

Is it easy to see if it is bad right away or does it show when time to send it back is gone?

Thought this was Apples flagship model. I am spending over 3,500.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

bought refurbished and I am happy with it, you have 14 days to return it if you don't like it

5. blooperz macrumors 6502

Just open it when you get it, and if you're not satisfied then return it. It's not like apple can deny you a refund. Everyone plays the screen lottery when they get one of these machines, there is really no way around it.

6. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

i got my rMBP and everything was perfect, if it is not to your standards you can always return it..

7. bobcan macrumors 6502a

bobcan

Haha.. Haaaaa.. >> Ordered a MBP 15 Retina, Cancel?

There are not enough people who post anything positive ^ like above .. I suspect.. :rolleyes:

Buy IT >
    Turn it ON >
    Feel Good, or Feel Bad >
    Decide to Keep.. or Repeat!!

:D

8. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Talk about worrying about something that may never happen.

Get it
    Turn on
    Yellow screen
    Go to support page hit return
    Wait for pick up
    wait for refund

The End

9. Intelligent macrumors 6502a

Intelligent

1gb ssd :D, But you most likely won't have any problems, so if you really want it don't be afraid.

10. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Why cancel over what may not turn out to be a problem?

From what I can see, the yellow screens seem to be a very remote issue, not affecting many folks. Get the rMBP, check it our for defects (including the screen) and if it passes muster, enjoy the laptop :)

11. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

I highly doubt you would have that problem; people tend to worry themselves too much based on what they read on the forums, it gets them paranoid. When you get your computer, just check it out. I'm pretty sure it'll be fine. I got my laptop sent to me on the 6th of January (ordered Christmas Day) and there aren't any problems with it whatsoever. Runs perfectly fine, screen is amazing, no issues with it like image retention or yellow tinting. It's absolutely perfect. And if you do happen to get a bad screen, you can always return/exchange it within the 14-day return period so don't stress yourself out too much. I spent exactly the same amount of money on my laptop as you did and I have no regrets. It is a lot of money, so I could understand why you're so worried. The number one problem with forums is people hardly ever post positive things about their products, they always voice out the problems they have which makes it seem that everyone has that problem which isn't true.

12. snaky69 macrumors 603

I heard some babies are born with deformities, health problems or mentally challenged. Maybe we should stop making babies?

Wait until you turn it on and see it before making any decision on a problem that has not affected you yet. Forums are a very vocal minority. They're still a minority. Nobody goes on google to find macrumors, to sign up and post to say their product works perfectly.

13. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah, return those defective babies!

14. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

If you live near to an Apple Store, return until satisfied. Otherwise, cancel. It's talking who is about to ask for a 3rd replacement (4th display). There aren't Apple Stores here (Brazil), so returning is a pita. All we have are AASPs (authorized service providers).

15. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

The only realistic fear in this thread. That is why we have birth control.

16. brdeveloper macrumors 68020

brdeveloper

This step in bold doesn't exist in Brazil. You have to send by yourself, even paying for insurance. So, returning takes time and it's not free. I don't know if the thread author live in USA or countries where Apple Stores are widespread. If so, ok, enter the return loop.

17. Basilfawltyone thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks all!!!

I feel safer, maybe I over reacted. Most people are happy and I will hopefully be one of them too!!

Feel more comfortable if Apple accept returns based up on a yellow screen.:):D:eek::)

18. BJonson macrumors 6502a

BJonson

Yellow screens is the new bad pixel. Have not gotten a bad pixel in a while and I buy lots of notebooks but yellow screens? Those are like 80% off what I see and I see all types of systems so it's not just apple.

19. Wishbrah macrumors regular

My 15" 750m built last week of December is good. LG display!

20. mrsavage1 macrumors regular

Cancel

21. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

True, but still waiting for the delivery and then finding a problem could be nerve racking for some people :eek:

22. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

You sure did, every apple product is going to have it's problems.
    There's no point in worrying before hand. It's probably 1% to 2% of all products.

The chance that you're 1 of the millions of people who get such a product is very small, and if you're just bring back to the apple store.

23. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

In my opinion (and I received 5 defective units) don't cancel it.

If it's bad, send it back for an exchange or your money back. But don't cancel it at this point, you might get lucky and get a good one and to be 100% honest with you it's a really awesome notebook if you get one that is free of defects.

It's worth trying at least once maybe two times to get a good one. If however you end up like me with 5 defective units in a row then it's time to give up.

24. Scott7975 macrumors 6502

I bought both a 15" and a 13". I notice flaws on neither of them. From what I have seen around here... a lot of people try to find flaws and return them. I remember one poster who purposely went in a pitch dark room and made the screen white... just to see if she would have a problem watching a movie. That's over the top if you ask me....

IMO buy it. Use it normally and if you don't see anything wrong then keep it. People doing all these tests to find flaws that they would otherwise not even notice through use are silly. If it looks fine through your normal every day use, then its fine.

25. double329 macrumors 6502

There are many discussion here about yellow screen. I got the high end latd 2013 rMBP 15. My opinion, the screen was calibrated to more like what the photographer will calibrate their monitor to. I used both colormunky and spyder 4 to calibrate mine. The result was closed to out of the box setting. Bottom line is, yes it is on the 65k temp side. Most people prefers white-ish. I like to work with calibrated screen which rMBP is closed to. To me that is really good. Other just not used to.