Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pixproff

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2009
Stop acting like his parents. He didn't ask what he should do with the money so everyone stop making it sound as if he is wrong in what he is getting. He has the money to get a better computer that will be faster and last longer than the bottom line laptop that some are suggesting he should have got. Faster is better no matter what the use will be for.

Congratulations on your better laptop. Many a time I wished I had more money to get the faster version of a cpu. You should be able to clone your hard drive to the ssd using a program like CarbonCopyCloner that will completely copy your information. You just have to have both drives running and connected somehow. My suggestion would be to get an external kit to put one of the drives in it so both drives are connected. Then when you are done, you will have a small external hard drive for storage or taking files with you.

Good Luck.

blitzraider

macrumors member
Jan 16, 2009
Congratulations to you. I am a 17 year old kid and I also have a 17 MBP.
Why are the pessimists attacking the OP anyways, he simply wanted to share a story and as a "experienced adult", the pessimists should judge this from a neutral point of view. Isn't that so?

Sometimes I wonder why I chose this laptop over others. But in the end, I decided that it was because I wanted a laptop that is as reliable as my desktop (custom-built pc) that is portable. Besides, I recently had a real impulse to learn how to use the adobe suite professionally.

Congrats again, and may all the complainers vanish.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Jun 16, 2008
Just another kid lying about what they have. And even if you do have it, what does a 15 year old need that kind of power for? why not save a bit of money and give it to a charity. Do you know how many people in this world are suffering
Shut up, please.

People have more money than you, deal with it. You'll experience it a lot in life. Why don't you donate to charity? Just because this kid has more money than you, doesn't mean he has to give it away. He has it, he can spend it.

Read the first post, he wants to become a director. It's a worthy investment.

Seriously, stop being so jealous. He can do what he wants with his money, it's none of your, mine, or anyone but his and his family's concern.

Congratulations. Beast of a machine, man. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.