Ordered a refurb unibody MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by karupspc, Jan 26, 2009.

1. karupspc macrumors member

Ordered a refurb unibody MBP (2.4GHz) from Apple.com for $1699.
    It's arriving this Friday; perfect for the weekend.

First time ordering a refurb from Apple so I am hoping this transaction will go smoothly (i.e. computer in good condition). From what I read Apple's reconditioning of the system is excellent and I get the year warranty. Plus the $300 savings and free shipping ultimately won me over.

I'll repost Friday night after receiving it.

2. Blakely028 macrumors regular

Blakely028

3. eXoBrute macrumors regular

Nice man post here when u get it and tell the condition. Im thinking about doing the same but still have problems with refurbs (not actual problems i just dont really no if they are good or not)

4. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Apple's refurbs are great. I've had several and they've all been top-notch.

5. jamesdmc macrumors 6502

Please report back on its condition as I'm considering getting a refurb when they're in stock. If my refurbed Mac Pro is any indication, you won't be able to tell the difference between it and a new one. There were no scratches, scuffs, dents, dings or any other outward signs that it was used...just an extra $300 in my pocket. ;)

6. msprouls macrumors member

msprouls

I just migrated the data to my Mother-in-laws refurbed MacBook Pro 2.4. It was perfect, no problems that I could see.

Only reason I can see getting a non-refurb mac would be that either they don't have one that you want in the Apple store or you like paying for a pretty box

7. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

you can find boxes for mbp (even the new ones) on ebay ocassionally. It's hit or miss. sometimes, no one bids on them so you can get them cheap (relatively). other times, you're in competition with others, so you have to determine your own limits.

otherwise, kudos for the refurbed mbp. you're also helping the environment in a round-about indirect way.

8. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Congrats! I've bought 3 refurbs now, and they've all been showroom perfect! Hope you enjoy it!!!1 :D

9. karupspc thread starter macrumors member

Received MBP

Hello all

I thought I was already off to a good start ordering a refurb MBP from Apple.com taking advantage of a $300 discount. The laptop arrived two days early via FedEX ground. Originally tagged for a Friday delivery by Apple and FedEX however got it this afternoon around 5:30 p.m. So far so good right?

It arrived in a white DVD sized boxed. Included were cables, cd's, cloth, etc. Very impressive presentation. The MBP was protected by foam and plastic laminates.

Absolutely no scratches, marks or signs of a previous owner!! The LCD screen just as clean as a retail one.

If this is the type of refurb quality from Apple, I am certainly open to another refurb purchase. I'll try an accessory next time like Time Capsule.

I hope this thread helps any on-the-fence refurb buyers out there. This is truly my first venture into computer refurb purchase terrority (apple or pc).

Originally I bought this laptop wanting to save money, in the end I feel I got a brand new laptop while saving money ;) if that makes sense!

10. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

Congrats, man! $1699 is a killer deal, especially next to the $1599 I payed for my 2.4 aluminum MB. :eek:

I thought about returning it to get the MBP refurb but the portability of the 13" won.

Enjoy it!