Ordered an Apple Watch with an extra band?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by juanm85, Apr 21, 2015.

1. juanm85 macrumors member

Hey all,

I was wondering the order status of anyone that ordered an extra band with their watch. I have the following:

42 mm SS w/ Milanese Loop. May 13 - May 27 window.
    42 mmm Black Sport Band. April 29th - May 12 window.
    Email confirmation at 3:18 am EST (stupid website and stupid gift card)
    Both are Processing.

Has anyone's bands already been charged? What extra band(s) did you get? I'm hoping that my watch will be shipped with the sport band, since it'd be kinda silly to just ship me a band for a watch I don't have yet.

Let me know what your order is looking like.

Thanks!

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I ordered my SS black and Milanese Loop. Both not charged yet. The watch ETA is the typical 4/24 - 5/8. Band is in June.

I'm hoping the Apple store would sell the bands at the store. They did say watch is online only. Nothing about the bands (I think.) :rolleyes:

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

I ordered extra bands - all separate orders (Milanese and white bands - 38 mm) on the 10th.

My watch and extra charger shipped (separately) but I haven't seen any band movement at all. They are still processing.

4. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

I hope they sell sport bands in the store on launch day. I'm gonna cancel my order if they do!

I ordered a white sport on April 16th. Estimated delivery is May... it's vague. It could be May 1st for all I know.

I also ordered a Link for my husband on April 10th around 1am Pacific. That one has a 4/29-5/12 delivery window and they've not charged me for it yet.

I have gotten charged for one of my watches, but not the other. Both were in the 4/24-5/8 group.

5. juanm85 thread starter macrumors member

I haven't seen any information on how the bands are going to be made available in the stores. I was hoping that there would be some information made available before April 10th, but by the time the preorders started I didn't want to risk having to wait more time for the band.

6. chrise2 macrumors 6502

I almost feel like the bands are the hold up for many of these watches. The sport band seems like it would be super easy to have ready for launch day, yet they're back ordered for weeks. Makes no sense.

7. TEBnewyork macrumors regular

I asked at my local store and was told by the manager NO bands will be in store.

8. bunnicula macrumors 68040

bunnicula

Bummer. Ah well. Maybe my band order will show up early in May. That would be fine. :)

9. juanm85 thread starter macrumors member

Well I hope Apple picks up the pace on getting the bands out and shipped.

10. Lynnie27 macrumors member

I ordered a SS 38mm with white sport band and I've been charged for that, though no change in status yet.

Art the same time I ordered the Milanese loop 38mm and have a 28/4 - 11/5 but no charge has been made for this yet. I'm hoping they will send at the same time really, but if it's 28th at least that's just a few days I guess.

11. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

The unsaid pre-ordering rule is to always order your items separately. As they could hold up your order to your main item.
    I ordered two watches,two bands and a extra charger all separately. My charger shipped today,my 42mm SS is preparing to ship. The 38mm SS is 5/13-5/27. And both bands say "may". All ordered at midnight on the 10th

12. juanm85 thread starter macrumors member

I didn't know that about the preorders. First time I've done it off the website. I usually just wait in line for new releases.

In this case, I'd fine waiting for both the band and the watch, since the band would be due first anyway and that would make no sense.

13. Locoboof macrumors 65816

Locoboof

Ordered an Apple Watch with an extra band?

Oh ok,gotcha. Well for future reference if you ever order online again,just try to do each item separately if possible. It'll greatly improve your chances of getting your items once they become available.

So my extra charging cable shipped today,but my watch is still "preparing to ship". As a example....

Hey,years and years ago I didn't know,but now I do. So now you do . I mostly go outside a stay overnight to get my products,like you,but this watch didn't have the option. Lol.

Anyways,best of luck to you. I hope you get your stuff sooner than later.