Ordered an iPad 2 with rewards points....

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Hal Coldvice, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hal Coldvice macrumors newbie

...but I got the wrong one.

I was looking for just the wifi version, but I got a verizon 3G + wifi. Do I have any options? The product actually got shipped from Amazon, but looks like it could be taken back to any store. Any way I could bring it in NIB and downgrade to what I was looking for? Apple Store? Best Buy?

I got it totally free, so am I just wasting my time? (I'll never use the Verizon 3G)

And of course, now I want the iPad 3. :)

2. nepalisherpa macrumors 68020

nepalisherpa

Just sell it and keep the money safe for iPad 3.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Another OP, here, took a new gift iPad to Apple and they gave him a credit/gift certificate for the iPad 3 in the future!

They gave him full retail value!

4. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

5. falcora macrumors 6502

Yeah, I would return it to an apple store for a full gift card. You shouldn't have a problem if it is still sealed in the shrink wrap. Unless you MUST have an iPad in the next 30 days, return it. The iPad 3 should be announced March 7th, and released a week or so after that. You'll be a lot happier with the newer features and speed improvements.

6. deeddawg macrumors 604

So the first things I'd probably look at (before even posting here) would be:

Could you return it to Amazon for credit or get your points back?

You don't mention looking at that or calling the Rewards Points company to say you accidentally ordered the wrong thing.

7. Hal Coldvice thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone for the Apple Store suggestions. Good to know. The local store has been great to us when we've went in there, so I wouldn't expect any less. Its a longer drive, so I was curious before I made the trek.

As fast as this comment, they really only had 1 option available for my rewards points, which is what I ordered. And I actually got something more than what I was expecting, so I'm not too sure I want to rock the boat, since someone else technically paid the amazon bill.