Ordered an iPad (how to get my junk on there pre-iOS5)?

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by LincolnsiPod, Aug 29, 2011.

1. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Well the day finally arrived where I ordered my first ever tablet/iPad. :D

Since I'm getting this before the arrival of iOS5, I was wondering how I can get my contents/settings from my iPhone to the iPad? I pretty much want to install all the same apps and settings, and then from there pick and choose what apps I want to keep on the iPad, and what's better off left on the iPhone. Do people choose the backup option in iTunes to restore a backup that originated from the iPhone to accomplish this? I managed to do exactly this between my old ipod Touch and the iPhone, but I wasn't sure if it'd be the same case with the iPad. Sorry, I'm a total n00b when it comes to this. :eek:

2. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Just do the same as you did with your iPod touch and iPhone.

3. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Wow, it's that easy? :eek: Now I REALLY can't wait for iOS5 to arrive. :D

4. bushido Suspended

bushido

sure why not, its the same iOS just bigger. u might want to check if ur apps have "HD" as in iPad versions. that's what i did when i got my iPad yesterday

5. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure some of them will look awful on the iPad, but I'll be checking each one anyway and can just delete them off the iPad if they're not made for it.

6. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Went and restored a backup from my iPhone to the iPad, but it didn't restore my settings, including my email, bookmarks, contacts, etc. Did I miss anything or is this normal? Anyway to restore those settings as well before I op to do it manually?