Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The Ray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Okay, here's the deal. After striking out over and over with Apple, I was able to get an order placed through AT&T. This was around 5:30 AM. The Order Confirmation page came up, saying "Your order has been completed." It also gave me an order number.

Now, about 16 hours later, I have yet to receive a confirmation email. I am also unable to get any information from the online "check order status" page--it gives me the old OS001 error message, saying "the information you entered was not recognized by our systems".

Furthermore, my credit card has yet to be charged.

I tried calling the automated system to check the order status, and it's a little different--it says it may take up to 48 hours for an order to be processed. I guess that's better than telling me there is no such order, but for all I know, that's a default message.

So...should I be nervous? And if the order actually did/does go through, will my spot in line be from 5:30 this morning, or from whenever I get a confirmation email?

Sigh. Thanks in advance.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
Okay, here's the deal. After striking out over and over with Apple, I was able to get an order placed through AT&T. This was around 5:30 AM. The Order Confirmation page came up, saying "Your order has been completed." It also gave me an order number.

Now, about 16 hours later, I have yet to receive a confirmation email. I am also unable to get any information from the online "check order status" page--it gives me the old OS001 error message, saying "the information you entered was not recognized by our systems".

I tried calling the automated system to check the order status, and it's a little different--it says it may take up to 48 hours for an order to be processed. I guess that's better than telling me there is no such order, but for all I know, that's a default message.

So...should I be nervous? And if the order actually did/does go through, will my spot in line be from 5:30 this morning, or from whenever I get a confirmation email?

Sigh. Thanks in advance.

Ditto, identical situation here. Many others also reporting this on these forums.

Welcome to the Clusterbar. Try the veal.

The Ray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
What I don't understand is why people who placed their orders way after me have gotten emails, are able to check their order status, and have had their cards charged. Shouldn't I have gotten that before them?

Or did my order evaporate into the ether?

disRUPtors

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2009
New Orleans
No need to worry. As long as your order status is "In progress", you are good to go. I haven't recieved a email confirmation in 3 years and I get my new Iphone on launch day every year. Relax! ;)

RoscoeUA

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2007
This is one reason I hate ordering anything from AT&T. I'm glad I was persistent in ordering through Apple.

olly666

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2008
Seattle, WA

Sigh. Thanks in advance.
You have the confirmation code, that's all you need to worry about. At first look I didn't think my credit card had been charged either, but under closer inspection I noticed it had by looking at my available balance (it just hasn't showed up under purchase descriptions yet).

Relax friend, the hard part is over (minus activation time next week lol)...

Drusso

macrumors member
Jun 14, 2010
I don't have an email confirmation either and I ordered at 1:30am...I d id however get up and call at&t customer service at 7 when they opened to find out if my order went through. She gave me the order number as well as the PO/Order ID. So I would have some information on my order.

The Ray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
No need to worry. As long as your order status is "In progress", you are good to go. I haven't recieved a email confirmation in 3 years and I get my new Iphone on launch day every year. Relax! ;)

That's the thing...I have NO order status. The AT&T website acts like there is no such order.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
That's the thing...I have NO order status. The AT&T website acts like there is no such order.

I have exactly the same problem. We may have been right at the beginning of the server crash. If it doesn't show up within 24 hours, give them a call. Otherwise, be patient. Orders will be processed in the order they were received.

orangerock

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2009

When you log into your account on att, do you still have an upgrade option? If the option to upgrade your current phone is still there, then there's a good chance your order did not go through. Plus, you can check your upgrade eligibility at apple.com

liquidsuns

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2009
I ordered mine about ten hours ago through AT&T. I printed my confirmation page, but I have yet to get an email, the site doesn't find the order when I check for it, nor has my card been charged at all.

The Ray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
I'm on the phone with AT&T right now. They don't know what's going on. She's trying to talk to the "online ordering department".

The Ray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
All I can say in their favor is at least their customer service reps are native English speakers, and seem to know what they're doing...

cthoops

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2010
I'm in the same boat. Ordered this a.m. from the AT&T website around 7:00 (ironically, with no problems at all), received an e-mail saying my order has been completed, but nothing is showing up on the website and my credit card hasn't been charged.

I spoke to a very nice AT&T rep who assured me that if I have an order number I'm all set, but frankly, I'm cynical.

Sigh. I don't have a good feeling about this. I'm hoping when I wake up tomorrow a.m. things will be straightened out.

Hrdluck13

macrumors member
Oct 16, 2009
I'm in the same boat.. Ordered at 12:30 PST and received a order number but no email and no cc charge. Called customer service twice and they don't know what's up.. I hope to God I get the phone on the 24th..

The Ray

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 10, 2008
Okay, here's the scoop:

Basically, my order did go through, it just hasn't made its way through the entire system yet. I was told it may take another 24 hours to get the confirmation email, and maybe even 72 hours before my credit card is charged and I'm able to check the order status online.

I was also told that my "place in line" is set from when I initially placed the order, not from when they get around to processing the order.

Also of note is that the "regular" customer service people do not have access to this info; I was flat-out told that their system still shows that I have not upgraded my phone.

I'm relieved, though still a bit skeptical. You'd better believe I'll be checking my order status and waiting for that confirmation email.

Another note: AT&T may have dropped the ball on the preorder, and be terrible with a hundred other issues, but their customer service people are exemplary. Not only was she a competent, native English speaker, but she actually made the call to the online sales people herself. She's the one who waited in their queue, not me, and she called back once she got someone, just like she said she would. Her name was Megan, and I thanked her profusely.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this info along. I'll probably make a fresh post stating the same, just for anyone else out there in my situation.

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
At first look I didn't think my credit card had been charged either, but under closer inspection I noticed it had by looking at my available balance (it just hasn't showed up under purchase descriptions yet).

Yeah, what's with this? Same with me.

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
Okay, here's the scoop:

Basically, my order did go through, it just hasn't made its way through the entire system yet. I was told it may take another 24 hours to get the confirmation email, and maybe even 72 hours before my credit card is charged and I'm able to check the order status online.

From what I see, only those who ordered thru AT&T Premier receive confirmation e-mail.

I pre-ordered mine thru AT&T website (residential, not premier) at 2:00 AM PDT. I did not get e-mail, but AT&T has charged my credit card (it's in pending state), and my order status shows up as "in progress."

GfPQqmcRKUvP

macrumors 68040
Sep 29, 2005
Terminus
Transactions take time to show up on your account. Those that are in pending state are reflected to your account limit but won't show up on your activity details until they are complete. :)

It usually shows pending as well, but I know everything is screwy today. I'll just give everything some time to sort itself out. Thanks.

bobsentell

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2008
Alabama
Transactions take time to show up on your account. Those that are in pending state are reflected to your account limit but won't show up on your activity details until they are complete. :)

AT&T says they will put a hold on your account when you order, but won't actually charge your account until the phone ships.

As for the varying account balances, it depends on how your bank processes it. I have two banks. One hits the available balance with a hold the moment the card is touched. But the other won't do anything until the card is actually charged.

The OPs last post makes me feel better. I'm in exactly the same boat, but to hear him say the orders are there even if it hasn't made it to the front yet makes me feel a little better. (Especially since I used the latter account. I get no indication)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.