Ordered from Carrier and Apple

HPLouis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
I ordered from Apple at 3:15 and got a 11/17-11/24 date. I then checked ATT and saw they had 11/2-11/10 so I also ordered from there.

They both went through on the same phone number and i have confirmation emails. What's going to happen next? I know I won't get 2 phones. Will one cancel the other out or,.......(gulp) will they both cancel each other out?

BTW, ATT already charged my card and Apple didn't.

manhattanmania

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
I ordered from Apple at 3:15 and got a 11/17-11/24 date. I then checked ATT and saw they had 11/2-11/10 so I also ordered from there.

They both went through on the same phone number and i have confirmation emails. What's going to happen next? I know I won't get 2 phones. Will one cancel the other out or,.......(gulp) will they both cancel each other out?

BTW, ATT already charged my card and Apple didn't.
I did this as well. Apple iPhone program 2-3 weeks and Verizon launch day delivery. I’m hoping it will be fine bc Apple shouldn’t be doing anything for a couple of weeks, after I get Verizon order. I’m going to cancel the Apple order as soon as I can tho I think. Still haven’t gotten the confirmation

HPLouis

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 12, 2010
Yeah, I've been trying to cancel the Apple order but it won't let me. Maybe it'll change as the day goes by

selianth

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
I'm basically in the exact same boat, same dates from Apple, same dates from AT&T. The Apple order currently can't be cancelled but I see no reason I wouldn't be able to sometime in the next week. I just hope that AT&T isn't playing fast and loose with their delivery dates since there was a disclaimer somewhere in the order process that they were "estimates only" and "subject to change."

manhattanmania

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2007
Yeah, I've been trying to cancel the Apple order but it won't let me. Maybe it'll change as the day goes by
so if you look online at apple.com instead of in the app and hover over "why?" it implies that we'll be able to cancel once they start processing.

it's almost like our orders are in a pre-processing stage. there's also a cancel order button on the page and if you click it it says something like "once we start processing you may be able to cancel"

selianth

macrumors newbie
Jun 17, 2009
FWIW once my order was moved from "Order Placed" to "Order in Progress" or whatever, a large "Cancel" button appeared and I was able to cancel it no problem.