Ordered Ghost Armor Screen Protector but I'm Afraid!!!!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by 9OOYO, Mar 25, 2011.

1. 9OOYO macrumors regular

Ordered Ghost Armor Screen Protector but I'm Afraid!!!!

Dipping it in water and putting it on my iPad 2 seems nasty and dangerous. Many on here recommend it so I thought maybe I'd give it a shot!

What is it like when you want to remove this stuff? Does it leave nasty residue?

2. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Back is not so hard to install, but I gotta warn you. The front is a nightmare. Hard Hard Hard.

3. 9OOYO thread starter macrumors regular

Is there anything that I wouldn't have to wet - like the ones I got for my iPad at Best Buy?

4. TechCutie143 macrumors newbie

:)

I was a little leery for the same reason. I got my iPad 2 covered @ a retail location in Scottsdale,AZ. They did a great job in a timely manner. I got the
    "Matte" finish and it has a frosted look to it & doesn't show any finger prints.
    All in all i love the look and feel. The sales rep told be i did not leave any kind of residue. Highly recommended, ive used that ZAGG cover on my iPhone 4 but i was not a fan on the look or feel. it had a very bad "Orange Peel" and did not work well with my touch screen.

5. leftfieldfan macrumors newbie

What was the place in Scottsdale that had them and how much? Thanks

6. deeesea macrumors 6502

is it because it's got "ghost" in the title? rest assured it's okay. it won't be too hard to install, and the water won't damage anything

7. robby818 macrumors 6502a

Use two microfiber cloths. Just lay the ipad down on one soft microfiber cloth which will absorb the run off water. I hold another cloth over ports with one hand while i squeegee with the other so that i catch the water before it runs into places it shouldn't. A dry cloth will soak up that water like a sponge. I am pretty generous with the water too.

8. abooch1 macrumors regular

Do the Ghostarmor kiosks at malls guarantee a perfect install?

9. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

Yes I got mine at local mall. They give you 7 days and if your not happy within those 7 days they will fix it. You also get the lifetime warrenty just pay for the install. I was watching him do my ipads and he made it look so easy.

10. 9OOYO thread starter macrumors regular

I'm in PA with no installation locations. If I mess up, how difficult is it to remove the adhesive? I don't want to mess up my ipad 2~!

11. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

Just got Ghost Armor installed on my iPad 2 yesterday. Love it. But I had the pros do it at the mall. They use lots of the liquid spray. I was a littlel worried at first but everything was fine.