Ordered iMac 27" with 780m

Discussion in 'iMac' started by luismate1, Oct 28, 2013.

1. luismate1 macrumors newbie

So yeah, 5 days ago (Wednesday 23rd October) I ordered my 27" iMac. Only thing I changed is put a 780m in there, which bumped the dispatch date to '2-4days' instead of 24hours.

This is also on student discount (which I've heard can make the delivery go up to a MONTH? I mean come on guys a MONTH? I hope that's not true).

It is estimated to arrive '28-30th' october. Obviously it's not coming today.

However it just says 'Processing'. Processing for 5 days? What?! Is it just me that thinks that is an absurdly long time to simply process it?

So to recap:

- 27" iMac modified to include the nvidia gtx 780m 4GB.
    - On Student Discount (not finance, just lowers the price for being a student)
    - 'Processing' for 5 days (Wednesday 23rd October)

Is this normal?

2. Aagaard2703 macrumors member

Aagaard2703

I waited a month, don't get cocky :p

3. BulletToothTony macrumors 6502

BulletToothTony

A built to order Mac or anything that is not built in masses will always take longer.

Perfectly normal.. you must not order online that often. No offense I'm just trying to let you know that this is normal.

4. AaronM5670 macrumors 6502

AaronM5670

I too ordered with the student discount (UK) and mine took just under a week to arrive. I ordered on September 29th and it arrived on October 5th. Hang in there a while longer, if it's over a week processing I'd ring apple and see what's going on - that's not acceptable. Where are you located by the way?

5. luismate1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well that's a bit more encouraging. If it is still processing on thursday I will give them a phone call. I was hoping to get it now over half term so I know i'd be home to collect it. I'm in croydon (in surrey)

As for the guy who waited a month, that's ridiculous. Did you not phone them to ask what the hell is going out?

6. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Month may be normal. My BTO I bought last week says 2-4 weeks

7. luismate1 thread starter macrumors newbie

A MONTH? The guy on the phone said to me express delivery should get it to me before the 1st!

8. luismate1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Update, spoke to them on the phone. He checked it for me and said whilst there's no cause to worry about it not being here (latest should be tomorrow), he said it shouldn't still be 'Processing' as everything went through. He said he'll sort everything, and about an hour or two later, it's now preparing to be dispatched :)

9. kaellar macrumors 6502

getting the BTO iMac and not getting a FD or pure SSD option with it is pretty stupid, if you ask me.

10. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

True and not true. Education purchases for individuals don't make it go up a month. Unless Apple is really that far behind, but then non-education purchasers have the same wait time.

The month usually comes from educational purchases by schools.

----------

Agreed. Platter drives are just too slow these days.