Ordered in store pickup last night.. Still "processing"

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FiremanMike, Oct 6, 2012.

1. FiremanMike macrumors regular

I played the game, wasn't really as difficult as I thought, I just kept refreshing the store list until one had the phone I wanted "in stock".

So I put my order in, immediate confirmation that the order was received and is being processed for in store pickup, but I have yet to receive the "phone is ready for pickup" email.

Will this email come this morning after the store opens, or did I get stuck into a bug? What has everyone else's experience been with this? Is there any reason to believe I won't be able to pick up my phone today?

2. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Every one wants every thing NOW! FFS calm down, is it even time for you to be able to go pick it up yet? You'll get it, relax.

3. Fergie20 macrumors member

My thoughts exactly.

4. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

Sigh..

The anonymity of the Internet nearly forces people to be unhelpful, it's much cooler to appear "anti" than it is to actually offer help.

When I ordered, I was told to expect an email within an hour, it's been 10 hours, I was pretty much just asking what everyone else's experience with in store pickup had been.

5. thejake0 macrumors newbie

From what I recall other posters saying, look for an email at 8:30am local time.

6. tl01 macrumors 65816

My email came around 6:30 am. I think a human has to sort through the orders.

7. appygirl82 macrumors 6502a

appygirl82

I also ordered mine last night for in store pickup and still have not gotten my email. Like above person said, apparently the email will come in the morning around store opening time.

8. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

9. AFDoc macrumors 68030

So basically your sense of entitlement is getting in the way of rational behavior?

I thought I was being very helpful... I was trying to get you to calm down and actually lower the bp to decrease your chances of having an MI in 5 years.

10. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

Right, thanks for that..

11. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

For the two in-store pickups I did, I got a "ready for you" email before the store opened the next day.

12. mlw4411 macrumors member

I received my ready for pick up a little after they opened. Here they don't open until 10:00am so just a little after that.

13. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I got my in store last night and I figure I won't get a confirmation at least until the store opens!!! I'm in no rush...If I have to wait another day vs 3-5 weeks...I'm fine with that ;)

14. imazu macrumors regular

I ordered last night got the pick up confirmation this morning. I also checked my cc last night which confirms me my order went through cause there was a pre-authorization charge.

15. gentlefury macrumors 68030

Just got my confirmation. Store doesn't even open for another hour! Awesome!

16. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

He asked a question. Nothing irrational.
    I had the same question.

17. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

I ordered a cable for in-store pickup at around 10 pm-ish last Sat. and my email came at 9 am Sunday morning.

18. ZipZap macrumors 601

If you did not receive your email within an hour of the store opening then they did not have a phone for you.

I would suppose that you'd get the next one that comes in but that will likely not be until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday.

Be patient, you're much better off than most as you have an order in the system.

19. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

The email actually did come this morning, about an hour after I made this thread. I picked up my iphone after a softball tourney this afternoon, I'm enjoying the new earbuds as we speak..

Thanks all for the help. For future peeps who find this with a search, it's not abnormal to not get your email until the next morning.

20. AFDoc macrumors 68030

Moral of the thread.... have a little patience and calm down a bit, especially if the store isn't even open for you to pick up the item.

21. patatasfritas macrumors newbie

confused..

I wanted to order the iphone 5 and pick it up in store since I have one near but I waited till 10 pm local time and no success so I didn't know what to do so I just ordered and yes... I have to wait 3-4 weeks :(...

I have noticed that some people cancel those orders and then manage to find one in stock near them... how do they go on about doing that? I just upgraded my contract and paid for the phone, if I cancel, can I just reorder in store? and cancel my current order? :`\

22. gentlefury macrumors 68030

actually you will def get it the next morning...since they put the inventory into the system at 10pm....then in the morning they check inventory against reservations and enter the confirmation into the system. Nobody is going to show up at 4am and start confirming reservations.

23. FiremanMike thread starter macrumors regular

Here's what I did.

I went through the online apple store and picked the phone I wanted, entered all of my phone/account information, and got to the final "cart" screen where I select shipping method. At about 9:55 my time I started clicking the hyperlink next to "in-store pickup" to select my store which brought up a menu that listed the closest stores to my zip code. These were continuously stating that pickup was unavailable at all the locations, but if you keep hitting the submit or search button next to where your entered your zip code, it will refresh the store list. At about 10:03 my time one of the stores on my list changed to "In Stock", I selected that store, which took me back to the cart page, I double checked that in store pickup was selected, and finished my checkout.

Good luck!

24. overlyunderme macrumors regular

overlyunderme

Moral of the thread...put AFDoc on Ignore since he is useless when it comes to helpful information.

25. peteyyt macrumors member

I ordered from the SoHo Apple store the night they started reservations, and it took me nearly 36 hours to get an e-mail that my phone was ready for pickup.