Ordered iPhone 4. Leaving for Cabo on thursday.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethan028, Jun 21, 2010.

1. ethan028 macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Yeah, so we have 3 iPhones in the mail atm,

(we pre-ordered) and we were wondering if there is anyway we can get the iPhones earlier than expected? Like pick it up at FEDEX on the 24th? So we can get the Phones.

We leave for Cabo on thursday at 9-10 a.m. CDT.

Need some help folks!

Thanks

Ethan

2. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

3. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

Exactly what sort of "help" are you expecting to get from these forums? Call FedEx if you want to but I wouldn't expect them to allow early pick up.

I'm sure lots of folks in here are going to be sympathetic to you not being able to have your 3 new iPhones in hand before you head off to the resorts in Cabo though. Oh, the humanity.

4. rritterson macrumors 6502

No. As the receiver, at least one delivery attempt must be made before you can do anything to the order. The shipper can change the delivery address or recall the package, but there is little you can do.

Best bet is to leave a note for fedex on your door as you leave and plead with them to hold the phone at the warehouse until you get back (usually they try to deliver 3 times, over 3 days, then return the package as undeliverable)

5. ethan028 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ethan028

Really,

I was just asking this costs me $2,000 for my family.

All im asking is what do you think i should do?

Just some insight please.

And also were not going there for a resort. A member of our family just died and we are going to the funeral.

6. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

If you have the tracking number, You can call Fedex to have your package on hold at warehouse. You can pick it up at the fedex warehouse once they open on the 24 th. Good luck.

7. dwella1 macrumors member

or ask a neighbor to sign for it and leave a note for the fedx guy but NO you cant get it early. I would be happy you have 3 coming as 1 is the rule so congrats on that and enjoy them when you get back.

d1

8. Jill1228 macrumors member

Jill1228

Sorry for your loss :(
    What they said...or if you can get the tracking number, call fed ex with them and ask for it to be held at their warehouse. I have done this with UPS and then gone to pick it up from there

Hope this helps

9. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

1) Try calling FedEx to see if they will hold the packages at the station for you to pick them up on 6/24.

2) Assuming you ordered from Apple, go to their order status page and print off the "Pre-sign" form...pre-sign for delivery and dictate that they should leave the packages with a neighbor.

- Steve

10. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I thought you could have them hold it at the local facility as long as you get them before your status shows "on truck for delivery". Once you got that, you can't pick it up till end of day after they've tried to deliver it.

Like everyone else said, good luck!

11. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

+1

12. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

+2.

I hope you can somehow get your phones.

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I was in the same boat as the OP. I called Apple and asked them to deliver the iPhones on June 24th b/c July 2nd was going to be my 2nd day of vacation and that I would not return home for 1 week. A shipping manager with Apple took care of that for me. Next I went to the FEDEX shipping number and clicked the button/link and there's a "pre-sign agreement" that you can post on your door, advising the FEDEX courier to deliver your iPhones to a neighbor at another address. Again, I was at their mercy and I was just short of canceling my order, when Apple & FEDEX accommodated my requests. Though I went through two CSRs, I eventually ended up speaking with an Apple Shipping Manager that totally understood my situation...Good luck! :cool: