Ordered iPhone 6 Plus 16GB want 64GB

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by basketball762, Sep 14, 2014.

1. basketball762 macrumors regular

Hi! So like many I woke up early Friday morning to preorder an iPhone 6 Plus. I got in fine and it is supposed to be delivered by 9/19. I am starting to really regret getting the smaller storage amount, 16GB, and now really want to switch it to the 64GB. Any suggestions on how I could do this? I know Apple has a 14 day return policy but I am sure they will still be sold out of the iPhone 6 Plus 64 GB for ATT. Any suggestions in appreciated!

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

1. Cancel your order. Buy the one you want when it's available.

2. Wait until you receive it, and goto Apple and return the unused iPhone. Buy the one you want when it's available.

3. Use it for a week or so. If you decide that 16GB isn't going to work for you, return it and buy the one you want when it's available.

3. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Cancel your preorder, and pick one up this Friday. If you'd like to reserve at an Apple Store, I saw some select models still available on the 19th for pickup. Cheers, good luck. Sent from my iPad.

4. jediuia macrumors regular

Exchange it at an apple store, if they are out they will most likely accommodate you somehow by extending the return date, ordering you one etc...

I have done this before, and apple usually has a stash just for this reason that is not available to buy, but for exchanges only. They keep them in those little cardboard boxes, not in regular retail boxes.

5. Zetaprime macrumors 65816

Silly to order something you really didn't want. If I were you I'd cancel the order and try my luck at your nearest Apple Store on friday. Then if you have no luck you can order what you actually wanted. You know you'd never be happy with a mere 16GB. I know I wouldn't settle for less than 128.

I ordered a 128 GB Plus but since I was given a ship date of 3-4 weeks I can still go to the store and cancel my preorder if I get lucky.