Ordered iphone both ways will I be stuck

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by davidlw, Jun 14, 2009.

1. davidlw macrumors 6502a

I pre signed up with Apple to go in and wait in line to see if I could get a phone Friday. Well that did not sit too well with me so I ordered one on AT&T to be home delivered and paid for it already. Who knows when it will show up.

Will it be possible for me to go into the Apple Store on Friday and if I get lucky and get a phone and then cancel the order thru AT&T even though I have already paid for it online? Will I be able to stop the order and get my money back that I paid for it on AT&T.

2. AmpCoder macrumors 6502

What I've heard from AT&T is, you cannot cancel the pre-order once it has been made, but you can easily refuse delivery of the package, return it to the store, or return it to the warehouse and get a full refund.

3. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Why not just wait until the phone you ordered arrives?

4. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yes you can do this, they may not be able to cancel your order. You may have to ship it back or you may even be able to take it to a at&t store and return it, call your local store to find out.

5. davidlw thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hawkeye, I would really like to get the phone Friday but since Apple only allowed me to pre-register and not pre-pay and lock in a phone, I may sit in line for hours and not get a phone. Now since I ordered from AT&T, I will get a phone sooner or later just don't know when it will arrive and I am not that great with patience, but if I don't get it from Apple on Friday, I will wait on At&T.