Ordered MacBook from Apple Edu store to be picked up... What will I need to show them

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SR71, Jun 28, 2012.

1. SR71, Jun 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2012

SR71 macrumors 68000

So, as the title says, I placed my order for a MacBook Pro through the online Apple Edu store and will be picking it up from my local Apple Store. What will I need to show them when I walk in? Just my order number and my ID?

2. Skjetne macrumors member

Student-ID i would guess. At least something that proves you are a student and qualifies for the discount :)

3. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Well I am not a student, but my mom is a teacher and she ordered it for me and put my name down as the one who will pick up. It's odd, though, because the pickup policy says that I just need to bring in an ID and the order number. Surely they'd want me to bring in some sort of Edu ID? Or maybe not? We've never tried this before so it's a bit new to us instead of just getting it shipped to us.

4. Skjetne macrumors member

Ahh... I thought you ordered it to yourself. Then just go down with ID and order number and hope for the best :)

5. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Haha nah, I wish, only one more year and then I'm off to college, but until then...

Anyways, I guess that's what I'm going to do then. If they question anything I guess I'll just have to tell them that I read the policy and it just said to bring a government issued ID and the order number. It's not like they can deny giving me the order, can they? I mean my mom did already pay for it. We'll see how it goes when I go to pick it up tomorrow lol. Wish me luck, not that I should need it... Apple is usually great about things like this.

6. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

Take your mum's teacher ID, as well as yours.

7. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Good idea, I'll bring that as well.

8. cc2096 macrumors regular

cc2096

You won't need to show any school ID when you pick it up. They only verify you're the actual designated pickup person (i.e. bring you personal ID). The school eligibility is taken care of when you purchased it online.

9. SR71 thread starter macrumors 68000

Oh, okay. In that case I'll just bring my personal ID and order number and be done with it. Thanks for all of the input, guys!