Ordered Macbook Online, Can I Return to Store if Unhappy?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by DoctorSwole, Nov 11, 2008.

1. DoctorSwole macrumors newbie

So I just ordered a new 2.0 Macbook online and I am kind of second guessing myself. I feel like I have taken a step down from my previous 2.4 White Macbook and that I will regret not getting the extra HD, processor speed and backlit keyboard for 250 more...so my question is. If I am unhappy with it will I be able to return it to an Apple store and trade it in maybe for a new 2.4 Macbook or will I have to do that online via the mail? Thanks

2. Jpoon macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure you'll have to mail it back since you ordered it online.

But then again, I'm not 100% positive they accept just exchanges if there's nothing wrong with it through web orders.

3. DoctorSwole thread starter macrumors newbie

well if there was an issue with the screen or whatever and I was unhappy would I have to mail it in or could I bring it to the store?

4. JBazz macrumors 6502

5. Apple Ink macrumors 68000

Apple Ink

6. yourdream macrumors regular

I had a defective MacBook that I was unhappy with (Of course.) and I called my nearest Apple Store and they said I must ship it back to one of Apples' return centers because I bought it from the Apple Store Online.

Two reasons why I hate the Apple Store Online:

1. Can not exchange or refund to Apple Store in person.
    2. They charge a 10% restocking fee for any opened box items.

7. J4M4L macrumors newbie

I took my last macbook to a store and they refused to swap it for the dust i had in the screen, i had to send it back to apple for a replacement.

8. Locker macrumors 6502

I recently sent back my MacBook which I ordered online due to slanted function keys. They were great to me, very apologetic. TNT collected my MacBook on 10th Nov (5 days later), and my new one arrived on 11th Nov (6 days later)...

Also, no word of a re-stocking fee. I was quite impressed with my online returns experience - which is good, because I don't live near a store!