ordered multiple iPhones, which one is for my line??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by unlimitedx, Jun 23, 2010.

1. unlimitedx macrumors 6502a

my sister and i both ordered an iphone and they arrived today.

how do i know which one is attached to my phone line without opening it? my sister doesn't want hers to be opened yet.

i am upgrading from a non smartphone and keeping the same number

2. gilbo macrumors member

check the tracking number on the box against yur order from apple or att

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

Shouldn't matter.

What's important is which itunes account you're logged into when you connect it to itunes.

4. unlimitedx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Both iphones arrived in one box same tracking number

5. unlimitedx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ohh ok. So I can open either one? There is a CCID and SIM number on the back of the iphone boxes, but I don't know which one has been assigned to my line.

6. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

Worse case call ATT. But regardless of which iTunes account you use when you activate once it's activated call your number if the iPhone 4 rings then that one is yours.

Your number has been assigned to one of the IMEI/Sim cards this was done on Apple and ATT's end probably when they were getting ready for shipment. Once Apple activates it they tell ATT and ATT cuts off the old sim and immediately authorizes (well maybe not 100% immediately but not too long after) the IMEI to their network and now pairs your phone number to that IMEI. Just plug them in and activate!

You can even use the same iTunes account to do it to activate both. Once it's activated just call from another number (landline etc) to figure out who's is whos.

7. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

itunes makes the assignment.

so be sure you're in the right account :D

but even so you can just swap sim cards.

I don't think itunes will activate two sim cards the same anyway

8. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I bought (and sold) about 6 iphones. but I sold them without the sim card they came with.

Now I wonder if those sim cards 'have' my number lol (they're all in one of my drawers)

edit: a couple of times I connected to itunes to remove the 'connect to itunes' thing and it stayed without service even with the sim still in it

9. unlimitedx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok I opened one of the iPhones and charging it :D

So I don't have to worry which iPhone is assigned to which line, since this will be my phone once it is activated via itunes? =D