Ordered my first apple notebook apple macbook pro 17" - couple of questions:

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gathart, Mar 20, 2009.

1. gathart macrumors regular

Newbie to Apple. Yesterday ordered my macbook.

I will use it for work (administration of my work), photos, watching films, surfing perhaps take up camcording or even learning to programme.

(1) list of software i might need: i have ilfe/iwork/windows office/paralells ordered. What other software would you recommend. ?Bento ?photo elements (or wait till the mac version of 7 comes out). Any other software i might need - any ''must have'' list?

(2) i have timecapsule ordered and able to set up printer. Which mobile hard disk would you recommend. Any other hard ware recommended.

I did search for it on the forms but could not get a conclusive ansa. If it is all too obvious then i apologize. Thanks for your help.

Gerard

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Welcome and congratulations.

Why did you need iWork and Office? The former would suffice. It is difficult to ascertain your hardware and software requirements, as we don't know what you'll be doing with your computer.

3. gathart thread starter macrumors regular

Because i have heard ilife is superior, unfortunately my less enlightened colleagues

still work with macoffice.

What i am basically after is a list of essential software you would recommend to a friend.

I will use my mac for work (writing texts, excell based programs, bit of accountancy etc), surfing, watching films, photography (have loads of pics I want to work with). I also want to us it to do some video editing (just bought one), and perhaps some programming.

Is Bento a good idea? Should I wait for the Mac version of elements 7?