Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fifemacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Ordered my first ever mac and pretty happy about it.

It's the base 2.3, which is probably more than I need in terms of CPU power, but I wanted a 1gb drive and weighed up the cost of installing something myself against he fact I quite fancy having a bit of extra grunt!

Will order the ram after I get it as I want to see how it runs, but might just go or the 16gb as I am going to put that in eventually, aren't I!

Just wanted to share that the news. Looking or ward to delivery!:D

Last edited:

hugodrax

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2007
Congrats, I switched in 2006.

At least now you will avoid the Windows 8 Nightmare and its Tablet on the desktop environment.

NeuroticNomad

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2007
RAM won't make it faster.

Macs pretty much max out on speed increases somewhere between 2 and 4 GB of RAM.

HOWEVER. More RAM will prevent speed DECREASES. Your machine will maintain "fresh boot" speed waaaay longer with 16GB.

Fifemacuser

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
ARGH! having the delivery Blues!

For some reason the package with my Applecare was left in the Depot and my mini put out for delivery. Seems they decided it wasnt worth deliverying one package without the other!

Seems i cant speak to a real human being at UPS, so it probably wont come till monday now. Not the happiest bunny after waiting in all day.

:mad::mad::mad:

Why they need a separate package for the Applecare beats me!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.