Ordered my first Mac in Japan

kalun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
It's official, I just ordered my macbook (Not pro) online. It is a 1.83 Ghz White, with 1Gb of ram, 60Gb Harddrive, and a mini-DVI to S-Video cable (ordered separately, 13 inch is too small for movies). Now I just have to hope for the C2D upgrades tomorrow! If it doesn't, then oh well, I need it!

Oh ya, if anyone have questions about ordering a Mac online in Japan, please free feel to contact me.

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
kalun said:
It's official, I just ordered my macbook (Not pro) online. It is a 1.83 Ghz White, with 1Gb of ram, 60Gb Harddrive, and a mini-DVI to S-Video cable (ordered separately, 13 inch is too small for movies). Now I just have to hope for the C2D upgrades tomorrow! If it doesn't, then oh well, I need it!

Oh ya, if anyone have questions about ordering a Mac online in Japan, please free feel to contact me.
whats the deal with the keyboard is it asian characters or western?

kalun

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
elisha cuthbert said:
whats the deal with the keyboard is it asian characters or western?
you can choose a US keyboard, and that's just the standard keyboard.

If you plan to type Japanese all the time, you can choose a Japanese keyboard. The Japanese keyboard have a dedicated key to switch between Japanese and English. Other than that, it is pretty much the same layout.

shiv

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2006
Osaka, Japan
Congrats on the order Kalun!
There's only so long one can wait. I may have to come to the same resolve some time soon as well.

The more I think about it, the more I'm tempted to get the Japanese spec notebook. Time will tell..

amac4me

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2005
Congrats on the purchase of your very first Mac. Hope it's the first of many :p