Ordered new MBP 2.8 but... Advice Needed

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adapsys, Jun 19, 2009.

1. Adapsys macrumors member

Adapsys

Hi Everyone, this is my first post so sorry if I make any mistakes. I have just brought my first mac. It's the top spec 2.8 macbook pro 15inch. I brought it using educational discount and its due to arrive today.

But I've just looked on the refurb store and they have reduced the 2.53ghz macbook pro to just £919!!! I paid £1300 for my macbook. Should I return it and go for the refurb? Only difference seems to be the processor and surely thats not worth nearly £400?

I would really appreciate your advice. Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is it the unibody design?

I've always heard lots of good things regarding refurbs. I'd say it makes a lot of sense to get the refurb if the specs are pretty close.

3. Zman5225 macrumors 6502a

I purchased the 2.53 refurb unibody MBP and received it a few days ago and I LOVE it. Perfect machine for what I wanted it for (chemical engineering) and for the price, you can't beat this bargain.

Get the refurb.

4. Dale Campbell macrumors member

That and the new battery which is going to give you something like 7 hours use. Not sure what the graphics card details are for the older one is it still 512mb or 256?

5. Adapsys thread starter macrumors member

Adapsys

yes, the graphics card is the same 512MB. Only the processor is different.

I can't believe there would really be that much difference in power (processor)? Battery length is not really that important to me.

6. Adapsys thread starter macrumors member

Adapsys

If I do return the macbook thats being delivered today, does anyone how easy this is to do and will they charge me for return postage (UK)?

7. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

Please refrain from double posting.

They WILL pay for shipping and handling! One of the reasons why I love Apple. In the US you bring it to a FedEx Kinkos, I don't know if you have those in the UK though.