Ordered on the 15th, says I ordered on the 17th..wtf!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iphone4black, Jun 18, 2010.

1. iphone4black macrumors member

Hey guys, I have been lurking these forums for a few years, but haven't felt like I needed to open an account myself. I ordered the iphone 4 black 32gb on the 15th, at 8 am eastern time, and the tracking number didnt work up until today. now it says i ordered on the 17th?!! I remember that it says that if you ordered on the 17th, then you get it on July 14th?!

Can i get some help here? Will i get it on launch day or the day after like i am supposed to? thanks

2. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

3. r3p00c macrumors newbie

Just call AT&T. No one here is going to give you a better answer than they can.

4. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

They probably won't have a good answer either.

5. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Fixed.

6. CJayC macrumors 6502

Fixed.

7. fuzion macrumors 6502

Did you order through premier?

If so, premier orders are [manually?] moved over to the standard AT&T order system, the hope I think is that you are still included the original pre-orders so long as you ordered before 1:30 PM PST.

Mine was ordered @ 9 AM on the 15th, and the AT&T status says order was received on the 16th, I think you'll be ok. :)

8. rrhardy macrumors newbie

Yeah, I ordered from AT&T on the 15th, around 10-11 EDT (tried repeatedly over that period, finally got through). After a day, I could see my order and it says I ordered on the 16th. The order number is the same as the acknowledgement I got at the end of my order process and I got an e-mail saying they will fulfill the orders according to how they were received - hope that order number means something and that the date shown is irrelevant. I did send in an e-mail complaining about the incorrect date, but the replay said they had no control over that process.

9. CJayC macrumors 6502

Don't worry, you're guaranteed one by July 14th.

10. iphone4black thread starter macrumors member

ok thanks guys. I wasnt the one who ordered it (my family member did), and he called up at&t, and they said that the credit company or something blocked the charge, so we had to re instate the order. My family member says that at&t said that it will not affect the shipping date (HOPEFULLY).

At this point, I dont know what to believe. AT&T can be mistaking, like they do many times, and give false info.

I guess I'll have to wait and see, but if I wont get it on the 25th, I will be super mad.

11. JustinP81 macrumors 6502

They'll be shipping out the phones by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. Only then will you know what's going on. I'd say that if your order wasn't filled because of a credit card mistake, there's a pretty big chance that your new order is at the back of the pack now.

Not to be a Debbie Downer, but things happen. Take it in stride. If you don't get it on the 24th or 25th, you'll eventually get it.

12. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

A Total Turd has done it again.

That pretty much means, you request an order on the 15th and the order was placed on the 17th.

13. sebs2 macrumors newbie

Here's what they told me:

First off, I called AT&T yesterday (the 17th) because I still had not recieved a confirmation email from them, even though I had ordered my phone on Tuesday at around 2:00 PM EST (I tried all day and that was the first time I could get through). The lady told me that my order did go through but I might not get the phone on the 24th, she said at the very latest I would recieve it on the 28th (I hope this is true). I'm kind of mad I might not get it on the 24th, but at least I'll get it in the first shipment, rather than waiting until mid-July.

I finally got my confirmation email this morning, and it says I didn't order it until the 16th also...so I guess it's just a "wait and see what happens" situation.

I have the original iPhone, so I'm definitely ready for the new one....and I hope I didn't royally eff up by going through AT&T (the only reason I did, is because I got through on their site when I couldn't get through on Apple's)

14. flapperdink macrumors member

i have the same issue, too. order placed through Premier at 5am EST on 6/15, Premier order status site currently says order was placed on 6/15 and is "processing". regular AT&T order status site says my order date is 6/17.

i sure hope i get mine on the 24th, but if not then oh well...life goes on. :cool:

15. BlondeBuddhist macrumors 6502a

BlondeBuddhist

with all these horrendous stories of shipping blunders I am kind of glad I went thru best buy and am taking my chances on launch day (to a degree) by "camping out".

Having the ATT store a block from the BB I went through will be nice when I drive by around 5 in the morning. If the line there hasn't started yet when I do I may just camp there till they open, try my luck without a pre-order and if I fail, Ill still be 3 hours early to Best Buy's open time (10)

Good Luck guys, I hope everyone gets what they want.

Blonde Buddhist

16. FrazzledRazz macrumors newbie

Haha you sound just like me... I ordered mine on Tuesday at 10am CST in-store. Their computers were down at the time and they didn't get around to inputting my order until the next day. My order date says the 16th and after speaking to numerous at&t reps estimated mine to ship between June 25th-July 5th, so I really have no clue when this thing is coming. The people who came into the store after I did have an order date of the 15th and a guaranteed ship date of the 24th... I'm telling ya, the people at at&t are genuises!!! I have an original iphone as well, and since this whole preorder stuff went down I feel like I am crawling out of my skin waiting for the new one. I'm usually very patient, but it feels like it has been one of the slowest weeks ever.