Ordered online - question about activating ....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hokiepokie07, Jun 21, 2009.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

I was told I can just activate it via itunes.

Is that the same as what the AT&T store does, or do I need to take it to their store in order to get it right? Not a big deal, I just want everything to be as perfect as possible.

Also, when/if I activate on itunes, is that when it ports my number over from my Verizon account and cancels my Verizon account?

thanks.

2. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

3. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yes just connect to iTunes and follow all the steps.

4. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

It will ask you for your billing zip code and the last 4 digits of your social security number (I think that's it) then will go right through activation. Mine was activated within 1 minute of taking it out of the box.

Once activated you can restore from a backup if you previously owned an iPhone and that will restore all of your settings, accounts, bookmarks, etc. then just sync your contacts, music, movies and all that good stuff.

5. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks. Then it will port my number over from Verizon?

6. Drewsky87 macrumors 6502

Drewsky87

If porting your number it will take longer. I'm not positive how the activation process differs, I would assume it would be similar, just follow the instructions iTunes gives you. Yours will not be as quick as mine because I was already an AT&T customer.

Just to give you an idea, when I ported my number over from Verizon back in November it took about 18 hours for the port to be complete. While the port was in process, I would receive calls on my verizon phone and make them on my AT&T phone.