ordered Retina, now new MBP13-2012

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Teddebeer, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Teddebeer, Jun 29, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2012

Teddebeer macrumors newbie

Teddebeer

I rlly was sweating all over, not only bcs of the weather, but after the review of Anandtech and his comment on the Retina pushing the hardware to it's max, i hate to buy it.
    I believe it's a gorgeous machine and i want that retina, but i really hate it to invest in new technology that's for now imperfect.
    Or let's say, not imperfect, but indeed we' ve to wait for Broadwell as Anandtech says between the lines and even Apple is goin that way i think.
    The idea is very good, and we all want Retina, but i don't wanna be a trendsetter for this machine.

Pushing hardware to limits isn't a good thing in general, i better wait, then i decide and i bought the MBP 13" 2012

I bought a Samsung SSD 830 256Gb and 2*4Gb Kingston HyperX Ram with it, installed everything.

Really , really awesome machine :)
    speeds of SSD read/write are 390/470 Mb/sec, everything speeds up like ****

I come from a MBP 13" 2010 and this one is absolute awesome

I even can play WOW on it, the only game i sometimes play when not at home, and fps on good settings is 30-40 fps, so its really cool

2. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

By awful I guess you mean awesome (they're opposite words). Good to hear, SSD is indeed a very good upgrade to make. The 13" MBP design has been out for 4 years now and has proven to work very well so you're also sure you won't get any flaw over time.

3. Teddebeer thread starter macrumors newbie

Teddebeer

Oops, auto correction and didn't know the word awesome :)

Indeed, not any flaw over time, still need my power horse for Parallels/Windows 7 and with SSD and 8 Gb RAM , it flies.

The display with gloss i really love, hail to the protection, and it's sharp enough, i can't see pixels from normal distance view