iPad mini Ordered rMini 2 from Amazon. How do I get warranty?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HarryWarden, Apr 24, 2015.

1. HarryWarden macrumors 6502a

I live in the US and ordered from an Amazon reseller with great ratings from other customers. The iPad Mini 2 I received came sealed in the usual box and was labeled as Brand New. The description of the contents that you find on the back though is in French and though it stated (on the Amazon page) that the iPad came with the 1 year warranty from Apple when I did the selfsolve thing checking my Warranty from the serial number nothing was found outside of it being correctly identified as a rMini 2.

How do I get the warranty activated? Do you think I should keep it or return it? I got a 128 GB Wifi only model for $410 with no tax. It came with iOS 7 installed so I'm currently updating because a number of apps I have only run on 8 now. Why is the back in French? I thought maybe because it is from Canada but then wouldn't the power outlet voltage be different or is that only Europe?

2. Rodster macrumors 68040

I would call Apple and have them verify the serial number. They will tell you if it's under warranty. Your sales receipt is proof you bought it. The French part tells me it might have come from overseas and so it's Apple's call if they want to issue a warranty for it.

3. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Looking closer, it has the Canadian Apple website listed so that explains the French.

----------

Just called AppleCare, they asked for the serial number and stated that I have a 1 year warranty effective yesterday.

It still doesn't show up when I check the selfsolve thing on my end. Does AppleCare have access to something we don't?

4. Rodster macrumors 68040

Based on others experience on MR, it should take between 24-72 hrs. If they told you your warranty started yesterday then you are set as they log your info.

5. HarryWarden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks much for your help :)