Ordered SS Classic on Tuesday - shipping today. Logic is baffling.

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iWot, Apr 30, 2015.

1. iWot macrumors member

I ordered an SGS on launch day and it was finally delivered yesterday. Tuesday of this week, I ordered a 38mm SS Classic as I couldn't decide between SS and Sport.

I forgot to cancel the SS order and received notice that it was shipping today! I'm in the US - not sure how this is possible as others have been waiting.

Now it's decision time. Hopefully it's as easy to return an opened Watch as people say.

2. colonelbutt macrumors regular

colonelbutt

38s are in much lower demand
    Apple's preference projections were largely wrong

3. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Cancelled my sports orders and ordered a 38 classic this morning. We shall see.

4. ztw2002 macrumors member

I ordered the 38MM classic yesterday and this morning it changed to prepare for shipment. :cool:

5. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

If you notice, the 38mm Stainless Steel for the classic and sports bands are both shipping in 4-6 weeks, while all others say June. I think they definitely have more 38mm on hand.

6. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Me too! Ordered last night and it is preparing for shipment now.

7. jbachandouris macrumors 68040

jbachandouris

I ordered a SS 38mm with white sport band on the 28th at around 10:45pm EST. The shipping window is June 1-12 (4-6 weeks).

No changes yet. Still processing.

8. SNGR macrumors newbie

Anyone ordered in Germany who had the same experience? These specific quick shipping models appear to be different per country, most of them 38mm though.

9. rsxmachine macrumors 6502

38 mm SS are super easy to get. I got one and I ordered last friday. It's too small though.

10. aloecool macrumors regular

How much harder would it be to return an opened one?

11. Carac macrumors regular

In absolutely every way that matters from color, to size, to style. I think bringing someone of the street and having them toss darts blindfolded at a wall with pictures of every Apple Watch variation would have been more accurate.

12. starbot macrumors regular

You won't have a problem returning it.

Keep it in good shape and maybe inside the house, and you stand to not just return it, but make a decent profit on ebay/CL, if you're the profiteering type!

13. dmonnin macrumors regular

they def do. I just put my 38 Space Grey Sport on eBay and ordered a 42 SS White Sport band. The 38 was too tiny for ME. See you in June now

14. iWot thread starter macrumors member

I had thought about this for a small profit, but I'm not sure if anyone will buy it already opened. It's in pristine condition.

Maybe it's worth a try on CL