Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Coming from the first AirPods, anything I should know, hopefully I made the right decision, needed a new set of wireless earbuds, and will go with my 13 PM & 2021 iPad Pro.

fwmireault

macrumors 68020
Jul 4, 2019
Montréal, Canada
It will definitely be an improvement! I'd say that coming from the regular AirPods, you should be aware that the silicon tips, while more comfortable, can be more slippy, and the AirPods can be less stable in your ears compared to the regular AirPods. It depends on the shape of your ears, and which silicon tip size you use. You'll notice it especially if you're doing workouts with them, otherwise you should be fine

Reactions: JUCJ85

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Get foam tips. They are so much better than the silicon tips.
Thanks for the recommendation, will have to see what they feel like.
It will definitely be an improvement! I'd say that coming from the regular AirPods, you should be aware that the silicon tips, while more comfortable, can be more slippy, and the AirPods can be less stable in your ears compared to the regular AirPods. It depends on the shape of your ears, and which silicon tip size you use. You'll notice it especially if you're doing workouts with them, otherwise you should be fine
Yeah I'll be using them mostly when I'm working out, or walking around or just sitting out back type of thing, got them straight from Apple.com, so if I have issues I should be good, did the AC+, I know some don't think it's worth it, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

AppleB

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Coming from the first AirPods, anything I should know, hopefully I made the right decision, needed a new set of wireless earbuds, and will go with my 13 PM & 2021 iPad Pro.

I’m coming from the 1st gen AirPods to AirPods Pro Gen 2 also.

I got them this past Saturday. Definitely a big upgrade from the non pro gen 1’s. Just plug n play basically.

Like someone mentioned foam ear tips are much more comfortable that’s the stock tips.

The noise cancellation is really good in my opinion. So is transparency mode.

I got the incase lanyard that’s on the Apple Store app. I run the lanyard through a belt loop and put the case on my front pocket. Very convenient.

Phone calls sound very good in my opinion. I had a few hour plus calls and with the foam tips there was no ear fatigue.

I even walked to a neighborhood store on a call in transparency mode and I could clearly hear my surroundings and the caller perfectly.

Of course people thought I was nuts and talking to myself. I could hear the caller clearly and they could hear me clearly. There were no “What did you say” or “Can you hear me”.

They are a good buy in my opinion.

Reactions: matrix07 and JUCJ85

TonyC28

macrumors 68030
Aug 15, 2009
USA
They sound incredible compared to regular AirPods. You may need to push them in more than you'd think to get a good seal. And like was said above, they constantly feel like they're going to fall out.

Reactions: JUCJ85

Dealmans

Suspended
Mar 12, 2022
They sound incredible compared to regular AirPods. You may need to push them in more than you'd think to get a good seal. And like was said above, they constantly feel like they're going to fall out.
Exactly what I am finding, I had a return booked for today but they never turned up, long weekend here so will get 3 days to test them out.
Sold my AirPods Max so need something.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
Fiddling with the ear seals is an issue. My ear canals are not in the common direction. The best seal for me is if I wear the Pods 'Martian Style" with the stalks pointing to the ceiling. I do not have the guts to do this in public.
I have tried all sorts of 3rd party buds but always found the Apple ones the best.
I have given up on the perfect seal, but find the AirPod Pro2 superior in sound to the AirPod Pro 1 and AirPod 3.

• Haha
Reactions: stiligFox

stiligFox

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2009
Fiddling with the ear seals is an issue. My ear canals are not in the common direction. The best seal for me is if I wear the Pods 'Martian Style" with the stalks pointing to the ceiling. I do not have the guts to do this in public.
I have tried all sorts of 3rd party buds but always found the Apple ones the best.
I have given up on the perfect seal, but find the AirPod Pro2 superior in sound to the AirPod Pro 1 and AirPod 3.
I found something similar when I tried them, I also do not have the guts to do that in public lol

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
I have good sized ears, my family calls them monkey ears lol, not too worried about fit, I have Bose In ear wired headphones I use on my Mac, they have the silicon tips, fit nicely, so hopefully tomorrow when they come I won't have issues, Apple ships super fast, had Mon Oct 4th original delivery date, ordered yesterday, updated to tomorrow the 1st, already in NY where I live, so pumped to try them out. I loved the first gen AirPods, so this should be a huge upgrade.

JUCJ85

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2011
Just arrived about 30 minutes ago, so far so good, just charging them up fully, then will give them a good go around, love the noise canceling feature.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.