Ordered the new Macbook on Black Friday

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by stuff99, Nov 29, 2008.

1. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

If you feel the need to, cancel your order.
    I think you'll be fine.
    Those issues are the minority of owners.
    The majority are less likely to post threads about their MacBooks, especially if they aren't really having any problems.

2. rumourguy macrumors member

I would cancel and get the previous model if I were you. better safe than soory

3. youssefm macrumors 6502

the trackpad isn't an issue anymore (an update was released) and the graphics issue is really rare

4. Beanlok macrumors regular

Beanlok

5. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Hah that video made me laugh because it was the same reaction I had when I first saw my slightly slanted function keys. That's a great idea to fix it too, I will need to try that.

As for Macbook issues, the first article I haven't seen those problems mentioned or complained about in threads yet, so can't comment on how real or prevalent they are.

Second article the trackpad issue has been fixed by a firmware update, and the loose hinge thing is not an issue at all. I haven't heard of anybody complaining about a loose hinge on a Macbook yet and my hinge is incredibly firm. The loose battery cover is a real issue but if you get a loose cover many have just exchanged the machine for one without it at the Apple store.

6. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

I have the slanty key thing too .... it's not too too bad, and it's only on some of the 'F' keys - but I may give this tip a try

7. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple seriously needs better quality control on their products.

This is not the first time where they release products with issues.

I got flamed but those losers on the Mac Daily News sites.

Those guys are anal.

You guys are much nicer.

8. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Here at MacRumors we respect everyone and are usually very kind.

Well did you end up canceling your MB?

9. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

No. I'm just sticking with it. I can't wait for it to come to go along with my nice Aluminum iMac. :)

I just think that I can see the merits about MS products. (MS Office and Games).

I know I was more accepting to 'switching' knowing that there's MS office and the fact that I can install XP to play windows games on the Mac.

I just don't get why fan boys are so rabid. I criticize Apple cause I care.

I had the first gen iphone and mine had these bubbles appearing underneath the glass, 2nd gen iPhone and they had that charger recall. My friend had first gen macbook (white) and the plastic turned yellowish.

I just figured Apple rips on MS and their products, but they should take care of their own Quality control of their products first before they blame them.

I basically posted that and Mac Daily News nerds were livid.

lol

10. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

It's because fanboys anywhere aren't worth paying attention towards. Blind as bats they exist almost everywhere. Whether it's Apple fanboys, Windows fanboys, PS3/XBox fanboys, just ignore them and listen to people with balanced views.

11. eneisch macrumors 6502

Weak hinge problems are on the MacBook Pro from what I've read and videos I've seen. Does not appear to affect MacBooks. Some people have complained that the magnetic latch on the current MacBook is weaker than the previous versions, but then again, people complained that those were too hard to open.

12. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

I love MacRumours!

13. budkid macrumors regular

Don't worry about it...you will love the new macbook!

14. stuff99 thread starter macrumors 6502

So my Macbook finally arrived today.

No slanted keyboards...haven't played any games on it so hopefully my graphic card's ok.

The battery metal panel hinge is kind of loose tho at the bottom. not a real big problem though.

15. Jisuo macrumors 6502

This is my first MB so I have nothing to compare with, but I seriously had a hard time removing the magsafe! The magnet really didn't feel like letting go! Maybe I used the wrong technique?

16. agurlnamedgoo macrumors member

Oh man I want the new macbook SO BADLY.... or a refurbed mbp...
    but seriously, $51 off? $51 off of $azillion is not nearly enough LOL!
    But I'm so glad for you that you got your new computer... and I wouldn't worry about the reported probs... Apple's so responsible and responsive.

17. BlackLight macrumors regular

BlackLight

lol lol yes i feel the same way plus its so small making it even worse to grip nad it got the mac there so tight guess its something we just got to deal with

18. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

^^ Try pulling it towards you instead of trying to pull it straight out. I also switched form a pc laptop a couple of months ago so naturally i wanted to pull it straight out.
    But i realized if you do at an angle, you shouldn't have as much trouble...

19. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

I think the issues i'm hearing are just about a select few. I haven't had any problems with my alu macbook thus far(knock on wood)

20. Jisuo macrumors 6502

Yes, I figured out that it works best when you "bend it" off uppwards. Likewise I was so used to pull it straight out from years on my pc laptop. You have to remember that the magsafe isn't a normal "connection". :)

21. rumourguy macrumors member

get an early 08 mbp. seriously so much better than the new unibodies. the new macs are all fluff